Error when doing Supplier Invoice_Posting M93 control type C31

• 16 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 544 replies

Hi, team,

do you know how to fix below error? where is the basic data for fixing this? please see the screenshots attached.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Madushanka 16 June 2022, 17:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

C31 is purchase group for purchase part.    Please check the purchase order line to see if you have a purchase group on it.    

If you do -- then please go to posting controls -- query M93 -- fine the line for code part H -- RMB to the details and make sure that purchase group is setup in the details.  

Another option would be to setup a default value on your posting control.

Once you have corrected above -- run the rerun erroneous for the site

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It appears you are missing the purchase group:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

C31 is purchase group for purchase part.    Please check the purchase order line to see if you have a purchase group on it.    

If you do -- then please go to posting controls -- query M93 -- fine the line for code part H -- RMB to the details and make sure that purchase group is setup in the details.  

Another option would be to setup a default value on your posting control.

Once you have corrected above -- run the rerun erroneous for the site

Hi, Nancy,

You have described resolution process correctly, except the last point. M93 triggers on matching invoice with non-inventory receipt, you do not need to repair accountings in distribution, as they are not using M93 posting.

However, if purchase of non-inventory items is producing accounting postings (accruals), usually M92 posting type is set in the same ay as M93, so it may have same issue.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi ,

Ron please go to posting control M93 and control type C31.

then RMB and check for details,

Here please check if you have added the correct values for the code part H (date and Account )

to find what the code part H is, you can use define code sting window

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Adam Bereda 

You are correct that M93 is used on invoicing.    C31 is purchase group for purchase part - so if that is not on your PO -- then you would need to setup a default on your M93. 

Example I ran through in CORE:

my M91,m92 and M93 have code part B setup for C31.   On my details I have purchase group 30 setup. 

I enter in a PO for no part order line and put purchase group 30 on my PO line.  

I receive my PO -- my M91 and M92 have code part B on them. 

I now invoice and my M93 also has my code part B and pulled my value from my M93 details. 

Can you provide details of your M91 and M92 posting control setup and let me know if you have a purchase group on your PO line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Nancy Fink 

@Adam Bereda 

@cperdue 2

@Kanishka Madushanka 

thank you all. you are awesome.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello to all of you, 

I am working on the postings in case of advance invoice for supplier: I need some advice on the M93 :

• I created a PO with no part line + confirmed it
  • created advance invoice (on manual sup invoice) by adding PO reference
  • Used posting proposal, got the right vouchers and postings in I and J + U
  • paid for the invoice, N voucher
  • I registered arrival and had a credit of M91 and debit of M92 (cost account) then transferred the transaction.
  • I then created the final invoice and linked it to advance invoice
  • posted it through posting proposal (got to add a manual posting line with cost account)
  • Got I and J vouchers but none contain the cancellation of M91 and M92 as i always get in normal invoicing process.

This means that i have a cost account being debited twice, in the manual entry on final posting + on reception with M92.

Does anyone know by chance why i didn’t get my debit of M91 and credit of M92 at final invoicing ? 

Thank you in advance for your advices

Tanya