Question

E-invoice with attachment

• 24 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi all

I’ve been trying to attach a document into ifs cloud through einvoice. The xml file gets imported. I see there is an attachment

it also shows me the path

But if i want to view it nothing in there

in App10 it created me automatically an attachment

First of all i have setup the Document parameters with a valid document type.

this is how i setup the supplier i have definde the load type suppext

in the load type i have the create image activated

document types are also available

file type is also available

See Attached file i tried to import. the Path to the pdf is correct and it works.

Did I forget to make a setup in the document managenment?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I know the reason for the issue and can suggest a direction, but I can’t suggest a detailed solution. 

In apps 10 with a local environment IFS could access the path where the image was stored.  

Cloud / a hosted environment access to that same location has changed.  I’ve heard rumors that you need the document in an FTP type location such that IFS can access that location.   Many month ago when I reached out to R&D I was told go see the technical resource.   

My suggestion would be - see the technical resource on the project. That person would have / should have been trained on how IFS can access files such as this and how that needs to be configured. 

Sorry, I wish i had a better answer at this time. 

Please update this posting when you get the “real” answer. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi, 

I know the reason for the issue and can suggest a direction, but I can’t suggest a detailed solution. 

In apps 10 with a local environment IFS could access the path where the image was stored.  

Cloud / a hosted environment access to that same location has changed.  I’ve heard rumors that you need the document in an FTP type location such that IFS can access that location.   Many month ago when I reached out to R&D I was told go see the technical resource.   

My suggestion would be - see the technical resource on the project. That person would have / should have been trained on how IFS can access files such as this and how that needs to be configured. 

Sorry, I wish i had a better answer at this time. 

Please update this posting when you get the “real” answer. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi Thomas 

Thanks for the answer. I know this FTP issue. The cloud version which I try to setup the attachement is a on Premise solution. Couple days ago IFS rnd just fixed the issue when on premise cloud solution couldnt access a normal file path. My tought was, if rnd Fixes the issue maybe the attachement issue will be fixed at the same time. Now i can import xml e-invoice through a windows file path but the attachment still doesnt get created.

Do you have a Setup guide how i setup the Document class for attachments? I want to be sure that the document classes is setup correctly.

I will keep this post update and try to get a some one from IFS rnd.

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I believe doc class (INVOICE and others) are predefined / defaulted in the system. You would then add users to allow access to the doc class. 

In the company / invoice / supplier invoice work flow set up you  can specify the FTP information. 

See Doc Man basic data. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi, 

I believe doc class (INVOICE and others) are predefined / defaulted in the system. You would then add users to allow access to the doc class. 

In the company / invoice / supplier invoice work flow set up you  can specify the FTP information. 

See Doc Man basic data. 

do you know if i have to setup something here in the docuemnt default values such as the document temp path?