Solved

Double taxation in supplier invoice partial payment

• 25 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Altruists,

I have configured all the necessary basic data to use the withholding table for tax calculation. But the problem is when I am doing any partial payment to a supplier invoice, on first payment it deducts full tax on invoice based on withholding table but when i do the second payment for the rest partial amount it deducts tax again.

It would be great if anyone knows solution for this problem or any way around 

icon

Best answer by jabous 15 September 2021, 17:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sorry for the late response, but I think you need to create a Support Case and have someone in Support test this in core.  I used a Sales Tax Company, not Mixed. I used 2 tax codes on my order:  

1. WHT tax code
  2.  Calculated tax code (Vat)

R&D only fixed my specific set-up with Bug ID# 155368.  So I think you should log a case with IFS Support and have them test in core. It could very well be a bug.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi, I am currently using IFS App 10 Update 10 and App 9

in my tax code I have used

Tax Type = Tax Withhold

Tax Method Tax Received = Payment

Tax Method Tax Disbursed = Payment 

and RMB tax code > Tax withholding > use withholding amount table (Ticked)

……………………………………….

………………………….

……………………………………………...

…………………………………………... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What update are you on? 

I submitted the following to R&D and they created Bug ID# 155368 (included in APP10 UPD10): 

Bug ID# 155368: Payment VAT entries (Tax disbursed tax method -Payment) are not realized correctly for partial payment when the invoice contains WHT (withholding tax). 

In the bug record R&D stated: When correcting this bug, we noted that this is not working for different combinations that we need to deal with VAT and WHT. Therefore, having discussed with the owner, R&D decided to deliver a limited correction only. It will support only the following scenario:

WHT tax code tax method = Invoice only
VAT codes = Payment
Both customer and supplier payments will be covered.

I am not sure how you have your tax codes set up, but below is how I had mine set up for the bug:
1. Define a customer with WHT and connect WHT tax code 16% with tax disbursed tax method invoice entry.
2. Make sure you have VAT (calculated tax) code, at 16% with tax disbursed tax method payment.

If is is a different set up you should create a case, for IFS Support to recreate in core an submit to R&D..