Question

Depreciate an item to a specific date

• 7 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi everyone,

One of our customers wants to know, is there an option to depreciate an item to a specific date. There’s a request to depreciate an item to April 12 and not to end of month. is this possible ? Appreciate if you can come back with an answer today.

Regards,

Peshala

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Adam,  FYI! I just decided to do the followings :

that I would create depreciation proposals for those companies with active depreciation. I would then export each proposal to Excel and prorate the amounts for the 12-day stub period. The depreciation proposals will be cancelled. These entries will be posted and reversed once the stub period reporting is complete.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Adam. Thank you for the great information. Unfortunately, i will not be able to do this as entries already created for April.  But, I really appreciate your effort . 

Thank you, Ghada

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Error message received is because you are trying to create another FA period no 4.

I think you need to remove all subsequent periods in this year and then create them again renumbering - period 4 would be 1st half of April, period 5 remaining part of April (still connected to accounting period 4) and then period 6 will be May (cennected to accounting period 5).

System should allow such kind of setup.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you for the information . However, the system will not allow you to select the same accounting period.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi, 

if ALL assets should be depreciated to a specific date, I woul modify the FA calendar splitting depreciation period into two separate,,,

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Sugandi Nadeeshika 

Can you please reply that this only applies to depreciation per object, which it will take us forever knowing how many objects we need to depreciate this month. Is there a way to change depreciation until date for multiple objects at a time using the Deprecation proposal without specifying an object? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Peshala,

You can perform depreciation up to a particular date using below option

Then  a window as follows would appear, where you can specify a specific date.

Hope this would be helpful!

Regards
Sugandi