Solved

Delivery overhead M57 connect to Cost Bucket

• 27 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello, 

I have a case where we want to split Delivery Overheads into to different accounts depending on what Cost Bucket the cost comes from. My idea was to use Posting Control M57 Delivery Overhead to make the split. 

I’m not sure if this is the correct way to approach this. Can’t see that any of the available Control Types connected to M57 can be used for this. 

Anyone got an idea how to approach this issue? 

BR Tobias     

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 27 September 2021, 15:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’ve done this many times. 

Do this in TEST. 

I’m sure multiple ways exist, I believe this may be the easiest.  Assuming you already have different cost buckets. 

Go into cost details basic data area and you will create posting cost groups.   For example DOH1 and DOH2. 

Then you need to assign the posting cost groups to the cost buckets in the Modify Posting Cost Groups.  You would enter the revised settings  in the New column for your delivery OH cost buckets. 

When doing this - IFS will do a flavor of revalue the inventory where inventory is adjusted out then back in. We need a posting type set up for this. The posting account (in my opinion) should not be the same as M1. No true inventory value changes, IFS moves value out then back in at the new posting cost group. You could have many many transactions.  We use M183. 

Then or before the modify posting cost group, set your M57 to use the posting cost group control type. 

My sample only had 1 OH, but you see the concept., 

Any affected part with quantity on hand will have these transactions. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you Thomas, 

We are trying to set this up in out Test environment. 

Do you have the same account on M1 and M183? Balance account. 

Then set the M57 to different Cost accounts depending on how we want to do the split. 

Have I understood you correctly? 

Best regards, 

Tobias

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

No, I would not set M1 and M183 to the same account.   I only say this because M1 already has many postings.  It’s always an account (group of accounts) that gets attention in an audit.   I just try to make M1 (accounts) as clean as possible in terms of postings.     If you post M183 to the same account as M1 I’m highly confident your client will need to explain those postings to an auditor.  In terms of debit / credit and accounting it’s OK to make them hit the same account. In real life, I had been through many audits, If we can avoid the questions / conversations, I would suggest a different account. 

For M57, yes this is true.  The M57 would be changed to use the posting cost group control type such the your delivery OH 1 (bucket / posting cost group) will post to account 1, and your delivery OH 2 (bucket / posting cost group) will post to account 2.   

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, 

I set it up as you suggested. Looks like t works exactly as we want it to. 

Thanks for the support. 

Br

Tobias

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No Problems.   It’s really good functionality.  Saved me in many projects.