Question

Consolidation features are missing when creating a master from STD FR company template

• 8 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

When creating a master company from STD template, it's possible to select "IC elimination" as a code part function and it's possible to create additional code parts.

This is not possible when using STD FR template, so it looks like an issue with the French template.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I would think you could create a call center case, but I believe the described set up would not be done. 

Typically, the inter-company elimination functionality described (code part with IC elimination functionality) is not used, and certainly not used with group consolidation. The described IC elim functionality is not very good functionality (in my opinion). 

For group consolidation we use an entirely different IC elim process.   A Master Company is used with group consolidation.  

I tend to believe the below code part H example would never be used on a mater company. 

The Group Consolidation elimination process would use a counterpart not as shown below code part E for example.  We would not set up the code H (example below) on a master company. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Just to continue with the above. 

In a group consolidation n process (master company) we would set up the elimination entries within group consolidation. The below is simply an overview.  Note the set up screen. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi all,

we have exactly the same issue :

no problem with the creation of a master company with source template ID “STD”

the additional code parts for IC elimination are ready :

but when we tried to create a master company with the french template “STD-FR” :

then the additional code parts for elimination are missing in the master company.

How can we add the additional code parts for consolidation purpose in our french master company ?

Audrey

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

We have two different concepts - that are related. 

1. The comment was can’t use the code part function for internal elimination. We should never use that process at a group consolidation level / master company.  I don’t see that this would have any ill effects. 
  2. The second comment was regarding the master company set up / missing other group con  data.  This is an issue.  You should be able to use the update company function but selecting the STD template.  - Update company can be tricky as we don’t want everything to be updated based on the STD template.  You need to be very careful and select the LU’s for the update. make sure to select anything related to group consolidation.   Please do not do this in PROD the first time, do this in TEST and verify the results.   The update company will load back in the selected data from the STD template.   I would also suggest logging a call center case, so that if it has not been fixed, R&D will be notified of the issue and they can fix. If this was fixed, you could get a revised template for France. 

Best Regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Thomas,

We have already opened a case related to this issue several weeks / months ago.

We will update the case with your answer to get a R&D fix on it.

Regards

Audrey

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Audrey, 

Thanks for the update.  Did you try the update company function?   If you need assistance, ask. 

The update company process is an option in the company screen. The default would be to update the company based on the template that was used to create the company. But you can change that use use the STD company.  Then be very careful as to what is included with the update company - more importantly what is not included. 

Best regards. 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Audrey 

The issue is now reported to the product development team and will update the solution once available

Best Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you Dharshankumaar.