Solved

Company Templates

• 13 December 2019
  • 7 replies

Does anyone know if its possible to export a company template from IFS8 and import the same template into IFS10?

icon

Best answer by Manoj Ruwanhewa 20 November 2021, 17:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ddecker  , @MishaelAkleker 

Enterp_Comp_Connect_V190_API.crlf_  no longer exists from Apps9 onwards.

We don’t support the scenario of importing templates from different versions because there could be many new fields/features that could have been added between the versions. We believe that is the reason that they have implemented the validation against the component versions. You could see similar comments (“No Data Found”) for other components and LUs as well. The reason for this is again the difference between the component version that has been imported from the template and the version that is installed in the database.  

The recommendation would be to not import the template from the older version to the new version. You can instead create a new template from the version 10 itself from the Create Company Template Assistant using an existing template or a company and then modify it as they want. This could be then used while creating new companies. 

Badge +15

Hi @MishaelAkleker , @ddecker 

If you need to take a company template from one version to another. Under the current functionality direct exporting/importing company templates between versions/updates is not supported & hence it'll generate errors on creation which needs to be corrected manually.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello, @ddecker 

Have you managed to resolve this issue? I have the same issue currently, and I’m not sure on how to sort it. 

Please can you let me know :) Would appreciate it 

Mish 

I exported from IFS 8 then opened the Import Assistant in IFS 10, selected all of the files exported from IFS 8, I left the suffix field blank, then clicked OK.  The result was the previous error….

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi ddecker,

Did you got this error while Importing or exporting? Can you provide little bit details what have you done to get this error?

I tried that and got the following error…

Server error messages:
8a3ca3be-fc23-4af3-bcc8-5c4bed486aff

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-06550: line 2, column 24876:
PLS-00302: component 'CRLF_' must be declared

Failed executing statement (ORA-06550: line 2, column 24876:
PLS-00302: component 'CRLF_' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 2, column 24757:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Does anyone know if its possible to export a company template from IFS8 and import the same template into IFS10?

Hi ddecker,

I believe you can do this using the APP 8  “Export Company Template to File Assistant” wizard. It will let you export required Company templates as .ins files and you can import those files in APP 10 “Import Company Template to File Assistant” wizard. I just verified this in using our internal APP8 & APP10 TEST environments. You can do the same on your TEST instances and check whether everything works as you expected before trying on PROD environment. 

Hope this helps.