Question

Clarification on posting control M102 Preaccounting Purch Order Part lines Behavior

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, 

When we enable M102 - Pre accounting Purch Order Part Lines posting control for a particular code part on IFS with control type C58 - Mandatory Pre Posting, I expected the system to trigger a pop up at the point of saving the Purchase Order Lines to enter the pre postings. In my case, this did not happen, it worked as expected when the M108 - Pre accounting Purch Order No Part Lines is defined as mandatory - where at the point of saving a no part order line the system triggers the pop up window to define the pre postings. Can I know the reason behind this difference in behavior is and if there is anything additional that needs to be done to achieve similar behavior as the no part order lines instance. Thank you. 

Best Regards

Akila    

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Akila,

When it comes posting of part lines, it is always posting control values which considered over pre-posting values. Thus, system does not give pop-up  and activate ordinary behaviour connected with mandatory pre-posting same as it does on no part order lines.

When it comes no part order lines, postings are fetched as per the values defined on pre-posting.

Hope this answer assist you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Nearly the same question was posted in reference to the M100.   The nature of the functionality is essentially the same. I copied the reply from my M100 entry below. It’s essentially the same as above but considers the handling of the business events. That’s the true reason for the difference. 

Hi, 

Pre-posting for the M100 typically does not affect “inventory” related parts.  

“If” the purchase requisition line is for a part line that is not an inventory part (for example Windex we purchase often but we don’t have on hand) the mandatory pre-posting rule applies.  

If you look at the arrival business event - you will see the M1 is not affected by pre-posting. It is affected by the project pre-posting. 

The non inventory (no part lines, and part lines that are not inventory parts) are affected by the pre-posting. 

In short, the PO lines can be affected “if” the PO line if for a non-inventory part. 

Best regards