Changes in depreciation methods

• 29 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 929 replies

Hi all,

we want to change the column “Change Base Value” to Depreciation period.

How can I change it without much effort?

We use IFS Apps9.

Thank you and kind regards

icon

Best answer by Malgorzata Palatynska 29 December 2021, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ Link,

it depends. If the method has been used to calculate depreciation, I do not recommend changing it via plsql.
If it has not been used, e.g. it is a new company, without any transactions, and only the settings will be changed, you can update it via plsql.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Hi Malgorzata,

thank you a lot.

Kind regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ Link,

it depends. If the method has been used to calculate depreciation, I do not recommend changing it via plsql.
If it has not been used, e.g. it is a new company, without any transactions, and only the settings will be changed, you can update it via plsql.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Link,

if the deprecation method (in this case method 40) has been used in object (Object > Books), the value in the Change Base Value column cannot be changed.

I think, a better solution will be to create a new deprecation method with a new definition in the Change Base Value field.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Hi Malgorzata,

yes, I also suspected that. And update it via PLSQL is not good idea, right?

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Link,

if the deprecation method (in this case method 40) has been used in object (Object > Books), the value in the Change Base Value column cannot be changed.

I think, a better solution will be to create a new deprecation method with a new definition in the Change Base Value field.

Best regards,

Małgorzata