Question

Cancel Manual Supplier Invoice

• 31 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We are currently receiving an error stating user is not authorized when trying to cancel Manual Supplier Invoices.  This doesn’t happen on each cancellation attempt but only on a sporadic few.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Check the payment authorizer on the invoice. See the user ID.   Typically, depending on how you use IFS, it’s very common to leave the user id on the payment authorizer as null.   

That has typically been the case, where that message had been produced. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Another possibility is that invoice is Authorized for payment and the cancelling user does not have rights to reverse payment authorization (is not an authorizer equal or superior to the one authorizing invoice).

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Thomas Peterson @Adam Bereda So I have tried both solution above to no avail.  All of our AP users have open security fort his in the authorizers grouping, permission sets, acct user groups.  Is there another screen I may have missed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What is the status of invoice you are cancelling? 

If it is PostedAuth - check Payment Authorizer window setup for authorizer of the invoice and user cancelling it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

The status is marked PostedAuth.  I tried to cancel myself (I am in the list) but couldn’t either.  I have full admin access as well so it shouldn’t block me in my opinion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The “Auth” portion of the status implies that the invoice was authorized for payment.

You can try removing the fact that the invoice was authorized for payment. - See the installment plan and uncheck the box indicating that it’s authorized for payment.   

You may also be able to see the screen authorize invoices for payment and uncheck the box.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Cancelling authorized invoice means you are removing authorization.

To authorize or remove authorization of the invoice, you need to have access in two aspects:

• access to function (role allowing you to see the invoice installment window and modify the data)
  • access to data (defined by user id connected to invoice payment authorizer on installment concerned: if payment authorizer is connected with specific user id, this user is allowed to modify payment authorization of the specific installment; if superior authorizer is defined for authorizer - superior user can do it as well, and superior of the superior, but no one else. Only in case authorizer is not connected to specific user, anyone can authorize such installment).

I hope it is clear enough.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Getting back to my first posting - check the payment authorizer and see if a user ID is listed. 

Please send the following print screen.   As a follow up test, I entered a user that is not the user doing the cancel invoice - and as expected, IFS produced an error message that appears to be the same message you report.  Please double check the following screen. 

In my test, I entered user BOB, and user MIKE was then unable to cancel an invoice with the * authorizer

. Once the user ID BOB was removed from the invoice payment authorizer (*) the invoice canceled successfully. 

Hi,

I guess the solution to this issue is to either add a superior authorizer or either replace the user ID.

Kind Regards

Nimesh