Question

Budgetary Control at the Time of Purchase or Expense?

• 9 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

How can we create budgetary control at the time of Purchase Requisition/Order/Direct Expense Booking. Budget will cost center-wise, Product family wise and GL wise. 

Any idea will be appreciated 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I think the following 2 windows will be useful for you to enable the required setup when it comes to project budgetary control. Anyway in order to get more information on this you can ideally create a post in Project Product Forum so that project consultants will help you out.

But if your requirement is different, please specify it further.

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I was asking about General company budget, client will not be using project module

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

OK. I will check and let you know whether the required setup can be enabled from Finance end.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Well, you can try to enable the required functionality through the Account, since Account has the option “Budget/Planning Only” where the Help Text mentions the following;

----- Help Text for the check box “Budget/Planning Only -----

Select this checkbox if the account or code part value only should be available when entering information in either one of the Budget Management or Business Planning components. If selected, the account or code part value cannot be used for normal postings, but it is still possible to use the value in selections for queries, reports etc. Note that this checkbox cannot be selected if the Currency Balance checkbox has been selected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Refer the below screen shot to check the mentioned option;

Then you can define Budget Code Part Demands as follows, which include the required code parts (this you can define as per company requirement);

And help information on “Budget Code Part Demands” tab contains the following. Adding herewith this chat for your reference.

----- Help Information on “Budget Code Part Demands” tab ---

Use this tab window to view and enter information on code part demands, i.e., code part requirements, for budget values. Code part requirements indicate how the code parts are used together with the current budget account.

An account can be used both for transactions in the general ledger, internal ledger and for budget values. An account can also be used for budget values only. In the latter case, there is a checkmark for Budget Account Only in the Basic Data tab.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And once the Account is defined, then you can add this Account with relevant Posting Types relating to Purchase Requisition/ Order/ Direct Expense Booking flows in Postings Controls. And also you can add the other Code Parts as well with the relevant Posting Types to fulfill your requirement.

There can be several other methods to fulfill your requirement. But above can be considered as one such possible method to facilitate your requirement.  

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi VsoMDjewP,

I checked further and couldn’t find any where else to enable budgetary control for PO, Purchase Requisition and Expense Booking apart from using the account as the base and then enabling pre posting of code parts through Posting Controls (Eg: Enabling Pre Posting via M100, M101, M102).

Anyway in order to get a better understanding of the options available to facilitate your requirement, you would better raise a case to Support (GSD) so that a SCM and HR Consultants can check further and then report to RnD to get the required explanation/ solution to fulfil your requirement.

Best Regards,

Rasangi 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks you for your reply. I tried your process which you have described above. But Problem is , with this we can track the information and get the variation with planned budget and actual spending. It will  not give warning at the time of releasing PR or PO, as releasing PO and PR doesn't  trigger any posting control. 

In addition can you please share the url to raise case in GSD

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Considering your requirement, I wonder whether your required functionality is available in Core at all, or whether it requires a customization. So better to check this with Supply Chain Product Team first, by adding a post in Supply Chain Community Forum. And if they instruct you to create a case (to report to RnD) you can do that accordingly.  

And when it comes to Creating Cases; You can create a case through IFS Support Portal. So does your User ID have the required access to create cases through IFS Support Portal? If not, you have to seek a person in your Company who has this access to create cases via IFS Support Portal, and get the case created.

Best Regards,

Rasangi