Question

Automatically authorized of supplier invoice after preliminary posting

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

System automatically authorized to the payment of supplier invoice after preliminary posting when first instalment amount = 0. Below is example of system behavior:

1. Create invoice with payment plan with first instalment amount = 0
    2. Preliminary post invoice 
    3. First installment was automatic authorized and got status “Paid”, manual supplier invoice got status “PrelPostedAuth”: 

In my opinion invoice shouldn’t has status “PrelPostedAuth” because it wasn’t authorized to the payment.

I asked about it RnD and this is the respond:

System has been designed to authorized automatically if the first installment is Zero as there will not be any actual payment happen. In this case, the amount is zero and it is automatically marked as Paid. Then invoice will go to PrePostedAuth state. Likewise, one of several installments are authorized, the invoice will go to status %Auth, either PrelPostedAuth or PostedAuth depending on if you have postings. 

Furthermore, when you manually authorize the first installment line and the second one is still to be authorized, then the invoice status will go to PrePostedAuth Status. The Auth status of the invoice is not reflecting that the full invoice is Authorized for payment. 

What do you think about that kind of behavior? Do you agre with RnD respond?

best regards

Bartłomiej Pobocha

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I have to say I agree with the logic of R&D here. What I’m wondering is why you have the first instalment as 0? Maybe there is a better way to achieve that result, rather than a zero instalment?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

In Poland we are obligated to pay with two instalments, where first instalment is only tax. When you have 0% tax then amount of first instalment will be 0.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

That makes sense, thanks for adding that. 

Could there be a configuration to remove the first instalment if the tax is 0?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes, you could change payment term(payment term turns on/off split payment mechanizm). For tax = 0% you don’t need to use split payment, but clients usualy use split payment no metter what % of tax is on invoice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi, 
Did you consider changing payment terms definition to have tax amount as SECOND installment, not the first one? I am not sure, just guessing from the answer “System has been designed to authorized automatically if the first installment is Zero

If it is not working, perhaps custom event deleting zero-value installment could be an option. 

In general, if invoice has at least one installment authorized (and paid amount zero still) change of its status to %Auth makes sense (if there is paid amount, status is changing to PartlyPaid%

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello, tax amount for split payment always is in first instalment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If there is 0% taxes - why then need two instalments?