Solved

Automatic Bank Reconciliation not working

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 
I am trying to do automatic bank reconciliations but my transactions are not being reconciled even though the date, amount and transaction code are the same.

Is there any configuration that needs to be changed in order for this to work?
I have attached the current settings for automatic reconciliation

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 22 March 2023, 16:14

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thank you Thomas.

Best regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Check your setting in this screen. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thank you Thomas for your response.

Can you tell me in wich screen I can configure the date to be populated automatically ?

Best regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Per the above question and screen image - The cash transaction date will be calculated for bank transactions at the time of creating the payments. This field will be empty if value date calculation is not set up for bank transaction codes at the time of creating the payment. However, the user can manually enter or edit the cash transaction date before the cash book transaction is matched with a bank transaction. This date will be used when bank statement transactions are matched with the cash book transactions during the automatic transaction matching process.

Best regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

Is there a way to auto-populate the “Cash Transaction Date” field ?

Best regards ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Abdessamad ,

You have mentioned that transactions with identical amounts aren’t matched. Also, your automatic transaction matching parameters include only ‘bank transaction code’. Can you try selecting another matching parameter and try it out? So that application would be able to differentiate and identify exact transactions.

Best Regards

Sugandi 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello, 

I actually did, still my transactions are not matched.

I noticed that I have few transactions with same amounts. These transactions are the ones that do not automatically match although it does not have the same date of transaction.

The other transaction with unique amount are automatically reconcilied.

Best regards

Have you checked the transaction logs for errors?  It sounds as though the system doesn’t know how to match the like transactions.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

I actually did, still my transactions are not matched.

I noticed that I have few transactions with same amounts. These transactions are the ones that do not automatically match although it does not have the same date of transaction.

The other transaction with unique amount are automatically reconcilied.

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I agree with the Value date on the payment institute.  The box should be unchecked. 

I tested with the box checked and unchecked. It will / should allow auto matching when the box is unchecked. 

It worked in my tests, 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

Have you tried to disable the ‘use value date for matching’ checkbox and run the automatic matching?

Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you check the external load logs/transactions?   Any errors will show in the details.