Solved

Authorization Assigning Rule

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Can someone explain the correct meaning of ‘Apply Last Step as Authorizer’ check box in the Authorizer Assigning Rule window?

icon

Best answer by Heshani Vidanapathirana 27 July 2021, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Thakshila,

If this checkbox is checked, the last authorizer will be set as the authorizer when the rule is applied. The others are set to the role of acknowledger.

Here’s a brief test plan to explain the functionality.

• Create an Authorization Routing Rule with at least 2 users with a role of authorizer.
  • Connect this Routing Rule to an Authorizer Assigning Rule with ‘Apply Last Step As Authorizer’ checked.
  • Create an Invoice so the Authorizer Assigning rule will be applied.
  • The first user will be applied as an Acknowledger even though he has been setup as an Authorizer.

This is useful to have when you need to change the posting lines during the authorization steps (until the last person authorizes).

Hops this would assist. :)

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Thakshila 

As Madusha has explained in previous reply, the last authorizer in the authorization routing rule connected to the authorization assigning rule, will be assigned to the posting proposal as the  authorizer if there are more than one authorizers in the authorization routing rule. Other authorizers in the authorization routing rule will be assigned as Acknowledgers 

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards

Heshani

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @MadushaDissanayake & @Heshani Vidanapathirana,

Thank you so much for your inputs. If I selected only one authorizer in the authorization routing rule and Connect this Routing Rule to an Authorizer Assigning Rule with ‘Apply Last Step As Authorizer’ checked as below,

Authorizer also changed to acknowledger as below.

Could you please advice on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Thakshila,

Can you please attach a screen capture of Authorize Details in Posting Proposal as well?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Thakshila 

Please refer below example

I have only one authorizer in my Authorization Routing Rule

I have selected “Apply last step as Authorizer”

If I create a manual supplier invoice, application automatically added the authorizer in my Authorization Routing Rule as the authorizer in the posting proposal

As you can see in above screenshot, another authorizer is there is an Acknowledger. That user is the invoice recipient of my invoice
As you can see here, I have selected “invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer”, the invoice recipient of my invoice has been added as the acknowledger.

This example shows that, if you have only one authorizer in the Authorization Routing rule and if you selected “Apply last Step as Authorizer”, then the application adds the only authorizer in Authorization Routing rule as the authorizer in the posting proposal.

Hope this information will help you.

​​​​​​​Best regards​​​​​​​

Heshani

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Thakshila,

Can you please attach a screen capture of Authorize Details in Posting Proposal as well?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Hi Madusha,

Kindly see below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Thakshila 

I have created another example by unticking “Invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer” in Authorizer Assigning Rule, incase if you get confused with the above example . I have selected the Apply last step as Authorizer” check box

If I create a manual supplier invoice, application adds only the authorizer in the Authorization Routing Rule

Hope this info will help you.

Best Regards​​​​​​​

Heshani

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Thakshila 

If I create a manual supplier invoice, application automatically added the authorizer in my Authorization Routing Rule as the authorizer in the posting proposal

As you can see in above screenshot, another authorizer is there is an Acknowledger. That user is the invoice recipient of my invoice
As you can see here, I have selected “invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer”, the invoice recipient of my invoice has been added as the acknowledger.

This example shows that, if you have only one authorizer in the Authorization Routing rule and if you selected “Apply last Step as Authorizer”, then the application adds the only authorizer in Authorization Routing rule as the authorizer in the posting proposal.

Best regards​​​​​​​

Heshani

Hi @Heshani Vidanapathirana,

I have clear the “invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer” check box option as below.

Then my authorizer sequence got corrected as below. May I know why this authorizer got changed to acknowledger when I tick the  “invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer” check box?

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Thakshila 

Best regards

Heshani

Hi @Heshani Vidanapathirana,

I have clear the “invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer” check box option as below.

Then my authorizer sequence got corrected as below. May I know why this authorizer got changed to acknowledger when I tick the  “invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer” check box?

Thank you

See the screen capture below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Thakshila 

Can you please attach a screenshot of  Authorization Routing Rule ID “TEST1”?

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Thakshila 

Can you please attach a screenshot of  Authorization Routing Rule ID “TEST1”?

Best regards

Heshani

Here it is.

If you can give me the correct meaning of “invoice recipient as Acknowledge/Authorizer” check box, that would be great.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Thakshila 

As you can see in your Routing Rule TEST1, there are three authorizers
MHUSE (Acknowledger)
RANUL (Acknowledger)
IFSAPP (Authorizer)

Since you selected “Apply Last Step as Authorizer” check box in Authorization Assigning Rule, the only authorizer in the routing rule TEST1 (that is IFSAPP) has been added as Authorizer in the posting proposal. And the remaining two persons have been added as acknowledger.

If you select “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box in the Authorization Assigning rule, the invoice recipient of your supplier invoice (you can find the invoice recipient ID in the supplier invoice header) will be added as an authorizer/acknowledger (as applicable)  to the posting proposal  to which this rule is applied. When this check box is selected it will overrule the sequence defined in the Authorization Routing Rule.

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Thakshila 

As you can see in your Routing Rule TEST1, there are three authorizers
MHUSE (Acknowledger)
RANUL (Acknowledger)
IFSAPP (Authorizer)

Since you selected “Apply Last Step as Authorizer” check box in Authorization Assigning Rule, the only authorizer in the routing rule TEST1 (that is IFSAPP) has been added as Authorizer in the posting proposal. And the remaining two persons have been added as acknowledger.

If you select “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box in the Authorization Assigning rule, the invoice recipient of your supplier invoice (you can find the invoice recipient ID in the supplier invoice header) will be added as an authorizer/acknowledger (as applicable)  to the posting proposal  to which this rule is applied. When this check box is selected it will overrule the sequence defined in the Authorization Routing Rule.

Best regards

Heshani

Here in my case Invoice recipient is MIHUSE who is an acknowledger as per the routing rule. If I select “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box why IFSAPP authorizer got changed to acknowledger? 

And also what is meant by as applicable in the “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Thakshila 
Is your invoice recipient added as an authorizer (not acknowledger) in your posting proposal after selecting “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box in Authorization assigning rule?

I have already informed you about the use of “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box in my previous comment. Below is the help text for “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box.

“Invoice Recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer
If this check box is selected, the invoice recipient will be added as an authorizer or acknowledger (as applicable) of the posting proposal to which this rule is applied. When this check box is selected it will overrule the sequence defined in the Authorization Routing Rule.”

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Thakshila 
Is your invoice recipient added as an authorizer (not acknowledger) in your posting proposal after selecting “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box in Authorization assigning rule?

I have already informed you about the use of “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box in my previous comment. Below is the help text for “Invoice recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer” check box.

“Invoice Recipient as Acknowledger/Authorizer
If this check box is selected, the invoice recipient will be added as an authorizer or acknowledger (as applicable) of the posting proposal to which this rule is applied. When this check box is selected it will overrule the sequence defined in the Authorization Routing Rule.”

Best regards

Heshani

Thank you so much for your valuable information. I was able to gather more knowledge on this feature. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

You are welcome @Thakshila 

Best Regards

Heshani