Question

Apps 10 Upgrade caused Vertex to be activated instead of Avalara

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi All,

One of our customers raised the below concern, Where they are running applications 9 in production and  it has Avalara defined and operational. However, during the Upgrade from apps 9 to apps 10 Vertex Q series was activated instead of Avalara in the Company Tax control window. They have made a change, but is this normal?  Do we need to make other changes for Avalara?”

Best Regards,

Peshala

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

thanks for the info.   We did have a session with an IFS person and de-activated the apps 9 routes and then tried again.   we now have it trying to make a connection but it is timing out.after 1200 seconds.   So trying to find what that problem is now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Apologies for sharing the wrong guide. The differences are subtle, but let me summarise the main setup:

• In the company window, due to there being a new Tax tab, this is where we set up the Avalara being the external tax system. A default tax code has to exist for City, County, District and State tax codes and they need to be added in this same tab
  • In the Company window > Tax Control, General subtab, all “Tax Code Validations” for customer and supplier have to be blank
  • Setup the External Tax System Parameters window and RMB -  Verify Avalara Connection
  • Avalara Basic Data window (examples below)
  • These can be assigned to Sales Parts (External Tax System Parameter tab under Sales Part) and Customer (General tab)
  • Routing rules and addresses

Hope this helps, sorry cant’ seem to find an updated guide. However, there is much more information also available in IFS Help files.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

This is the applications 9 version of the guide.    Do you happen to have the applications 10 version.  My understanding is that Avalara functionality became base functionality at this release, and the setup screens in IFS are just a bit different.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’ve attached the setup guide here

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I did log a support case about this issue.   The issue was that we run avalara but after the first upgrade pass to apps 10, vertex was selected,    Once we reset it to Avalara and then filled in the userid and password Avalara is still not working    But the support center created an community question and closed the ticket 

Allan

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This doesn’t seem right that it’s changed from Avalara to Vertex. Could you please raise a support case, this might be something that needs to be re-verified as part of the migration scripts.