Question

Apps 10 - Data Migration Templates for new implementation

• 19 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We are a company at the start of our IFS implementation journey. Looking for templates for data migration of data across many different modules from our many different legacy systems.

I’m aware of the Data Migration Tool to perform the migration, but looking for the templates, along with field help for the users populating the Excel sheet.  Does IFS offer something like this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7

We are a company at the start of our IFS implementation journey. Looking for templates for data migration of data across many different modules from our many different legacy systems.

I’m aware of the Data Migration Tool to perform the migration, but looking for the templates, along with field help for the users populating the Excel sheet.  Does IFS offer something like this?

This is usually something we develop together with our customers in the implementation projects (depending on agreements of course). Every client has different requirements, legacy data etc. so it’s hard to provide templates that would fit. 

You can create a new migration job for a specific view/API and export the columns from the Source Mapping view, and use that as a base for your excel template. 

Example for Activity:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks, I feared that may be the answer. Have worked in other systems where this was provided OOTB, but just wanted to check.

Userlevel 7

Thanks, I feared that may be the answer. Have worked in other systems where this was provided OOTB, but just wanted to check.

Super keen to understand how they provide customer specific templates. Maybe we can learn something here. If you want to share of course.