Solved

Adding 2 Columns that exist in other views to a third view

• 5 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We use APPS 10 and IEE.  I am a new IEE admin.   I have a user that is requesting to have a couple of additional columns added to a view.  In this case it is the Fixed Asset “Object Balances Analysis” view.  The Columns exist in 2 other views:  “Depreciation Method” and the Fixed Assets > Object “Estimated Life” column.   The IEE Admin training did not cover this.  I am looking for any good information on adding data (columns) that already exist to other views.

Thank you kindly for any info you can provide.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 6 January 2021, 03:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

From the header, you can create a custom field that is setup as a reference to the fields you already found on the other views.  You can make them read only.  Look up creating custom fields.

Custom Field

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, many analysis screens are off limits for custom field addition.  I didn’t carry this one out to see if could be done.  But seems you are on the right track.

Badge +1

Thanks Shawn!

You gave me some helpful information.  Unfortunately, while the 2 fields (columns) exist in the below screen - they cannot be added to the Object Balances Analysis screen as a Read Only “Implementation Type”: Reference - which is what I was hoping.   It’s actually going to require SQL scripting in this particular case.