Solved

Accounting Period Status & different Ledgers

• 20 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

I’m getting the following error while trying to post a manual supplier invoice. The accounting period is open for user group AC. I believe this error is arising because it is trying to post to the “IB” ledger, which is an internal ledger I created while testing out the budget module. I am a little stumped because I am not seeing anywhere to explicitly state that this should post to the GL.

Best Regards,

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 21 September 2021, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Thomas Peterson this was fortunately setup in TEST. I will have the environment reset shortly to revert back to original setup. I did have all of the setup you highlight above complete but was still getting an error so I ended up going to voucher type and changing the related voucher so that it only posted to GL and it worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Was the set up in TEST or PROD?    If test, then maybe wait until test has been replaced.   And complete the set up needed so you don’t run into these issues.  

If this is PROD,  it will be more difficult to disable the IL once it has been started.   As noted earlier the voucher type drives if a transaction flows to IL.  Once the voucher type has been used you can’t modify that part.   

It may be easier to complete the set up than  to replace all voucher types. 

As a consultant, I would have suggested set up IL only in TEST and then in PROD if we choose to use it. 

Normally we use IL when we need multiple books - for example US GAAP and IFRS, or local accounting standards.  It’s not an easy thig to turn off once it has been started.  

Completing the set up could be as easy as using the option to create the user groups for the accounting periods.  

Once you set up the IL data starts to flow into the IL. I’ve never turned off the IL, honestly  I don’t know if it can be done as a user. We can stop the data flowing into the IL, but it very possible that it may not be deleted. after it’s been started.  

Hopefully this was set up in TEST or similar. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey @Thomas Peterson  thanks for the detailed replies. A quick question regarding one of your comments:
“The issue appears to be caused because the IL was not set up completely.”

I am wondering why this is only an issue now? - after doing some budget setup and internal ledger setup.
 I would preferably like to revert to whatever setup I had previously instead of setting up internal ledger accounting periods.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

For the voucher type - see the image 

Compare this to a different voucher type that I only send to IL (for example GAAP to IL adjustments)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The voucher type drives if the resulting accounting posting should flow to GL only . IL only or GL / IL. 

The default voucher type for AP is GL and IL.  

The issue appears to be caused because the IL was not set up completely. 

See the accounting periods and verify you have something like the following. I’m sure you have the first image, and  you may have the second screen, but taking a guess the third screen may be the issue.   

Your probably missing this data or the period is closed for the IL. 

You may also be missing / or closed the following. See the User groups per period for the IL. 

Best regards, 

Thomas