Question

Labor Rate Dilution

• 19 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We use labor rate dilution for one of our companies.  The process only works when the week ends on a Saturday because I have to run by process for an entire week.  I was wondering if anyone out there uses labor rate dilution and what do you do when the month does not end on a Saturday.  Thanks everyone!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Patrick,

According to the question I believe you do Monthly reconciliation? 

The labor dilution works based on the Balance ID connected and the Reconciliation Periods are setup.

You can setup the application to do the reconciliation at each month end , However, month may not end on a Saturday.

What you can do is set the reconciliation periods with period unit as ‘Weeks’ and  Period Quantity as 4. This will make sure after every 4 weeks the reconciliation will take place.  However, it may not be exactly the end of the month.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks for the reply Shehan.  I run our dilution process every Monday for the previous week.  We are a government contractor so I need to establish that works consistently.  When the month ends during the week the only alternative I have is to do a manual voucher to accrue the labor charged to projects and reverse it the following month.  Then in the following month I will be able to run my weekly dilution process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Patrick,

I understand the requirement now, However, I am not sure whether the standard application can cater that. Perhaps it will require a customization. Hope some one else would reply you.

Best Regards,