Question

Income statement on given date

• 13 January 2020
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I am creating income statement using SQL. I am also using report generator. The requirement is from my boss to see income statement on given date. The costs which are not known would be taken from budget tables. There are following questions on how to solve this problems.

1. Is there possible modification of report generator logic to run the report on given date ? The budget amount should be used proportionally to current date. For example today is January 13th, so January budget should be multiplied by 13/31.
  2. The alternative is to use SQL report which result after period end would be comparable to report generator results.

Regards,

Marek

2 replies

No one has answered. Therefore I am starting the design for my own solution for using the budget in the income statement. At first I will use SQL report and intermediate table (sort of data warehouse) where I copy revenues and costs in period.

As second step I will try to customize report generator in order to allow running the report on given date. This is of course ambitious task and I don’t know whether I will be able to achieve this. I tried to get in contact with person who created report generator in IFS but she has not responded.

Badge +3

No one has answered. Therefore I am starting the design for my own solution for using the budget in the income statement. At first I will use SQL report and intermediate table (sort of data warehouse) where I copy revenues and costs in period.

As second step I will try to customize report generator in order to allow running the report on given date. This is of course ambitious task and I don’t know whether I will be able to achieve this. I tried to get in contact with person who created report generator in IFS but she has not responded.

Hi, Did you got the solutions?