Question

End user view finally posted invoices

• 16 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Have a problem that we haven't find a proper solution; I guess there is other with similar issues, maybe someone has solved it?

We have enabled “Finally Posted Supplier Invoices Analysis” to the end users, this window is working very well. Currently, they can only see what they have approved.
Now the problem; we have a group of users that would like to see each other invoices, as they work in the same department and same authorization. Currently, this is not possible, with above window.

We have tried with some other ways, but then the end-user will see all invoices within that company, and that is not the right solution (and not allowed according to our process.)

/Karl Linder

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Are these users all set up as “invoice payment authorizers”?  What determines which authorizer is assigned to an invoice?  Perhaps the instruction should be to always use person A as authorizer then make your other users superior authorizers - so Person B is superior to Person A, Person C is superior to Person B, etc so they can all view those invoices / authorize them?   Doesn’t matter that Person A is on the invoice itself, it should update who actually authorized it if it was someone else from the group.  We post our invoices when saved so I do not use this form but that may work.  Try it in the test layer. 

For the other invoices they shouldn’t see, the invoices should have a different authorizer that they will not be part of  ie: superior authorizer to so how they can still not have visibility to those.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Yes, all users are set up in invoice payment authorizers. 
I see what you say, but it can´t be applied when we talk about new users, that normally is the case.

Maybe we can try with groups, anyone tested that?

/Karl 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Have you tried to use the 4 other settings within Invoice Posting Authorisers? Using a combination of the below may well resolve this issue for you. Try and let me know how you get on.

Super Access

Super Authoriser

Admin User

Multi Authorize

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We had a similar issue.  Is your “Invoice Recipient” the same individual as the authorizer?  For us to have others see the invoices, we had to set up substitutes for the recipient. We did this on the substitutes screen (Financials/Supplier Invoice/Invoice Workflow Basic Data).