Question

Cash Account Currency validation

• 24 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello,

Does anyone know of set up for Payment Institute / Cash Accounts to restrict it’s use if supplier invoice currency doesn’t match the cash account currency?    It seems in Apps9 it allows me to select a different currency cash account with no warnings / hard stops that it doesn’t match the currency of the invoice in the payment proposal.   I’ve had a payable user not select from a list of values all fields in payment order pop up form, therefore they didn’t notice they picked the wrong one until after the checks were printed.    I know I could create a custom event to perhaps stop this but just wondered if I’m missing something in set up?

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Rcoubrou,

Could you please see whether you have selected Cash Account in any Currency check box in Payment Methods window?

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Eranda,

I confirmed in the Payment Methods form  the “Cash Account in any currency” box is NOT checked off.

In checking this I see the Payment Format we use has % for allowed currencies.  Would people use this to have multiple payment forms where they specify currency then assign to the payment institute associated to the cash account to restrict it that way? 

Thank you!

Rachel

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Well, having cash account in your domestic currency, by default you can pay from it in any currency. I do not think it could be restricted by the system functionality itself in general.

But it should be possible to create event restricting creation of checks (which is specific case of payment) if payment currency does not match bank account currency. Perhaps it is really a best solution for you.

Regards

Adam

Badge +2

You can filter out specific currency codes when you create the payment proposal.

If you have cash account for foreign currencies, next to your normal cash account, I think you should first create a proposal for that foreign currency and pay from your currency cash account. After that you create a second proposal for the remaining invoices.