An Advanced Search In Context

• 22 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have already added this to IFS Idea wall some time back.

When we do the ‘Search in context in any window in IFS  Application, to find the relevant column we have to go through all the columns from the top to bottom until we find the one we need. Depending on the number of fields available it may take very long time user to find the relevant filed and do the search.

As an example if we want to search GL Voucher row analysis window by the voucher date and to a particular date, we have to RMB and select the ‘Search In context’ and find the date filed form the rest of the other fields.

My suggestion is…

If we are already in the given window and if we have selected particular line and a filed, when we select the Search In Context, application can open the search window where the given filed is already filled with the value which was in the selected line.

As an example if we select a line in ‘GL Voucher Rows analysis’ while selecting the voucher date filed of any given line, the search window can open and by-default the ‘Voucher date’ can be filed will with the date of the selected line.

E.G. 

Now user has the option to search by the same date or a different one.

This is not specific to finance module it can be applicable for any window which has the search in context option.

If this is technically feasible it will be very useful for the users. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Not sure if it Will work though just thought of it. But if you know e.g. that you want to look up other records for same date maybe perhaps a custom menu (rmb) with window transfer to same menu/table but using the date to perform the transfer/transition will do the trick. 

I mean I do understand what you mean and the feature makes sense to me as well. Just wanted to share above as it could potentially handle some of the situations.