Question

work task execution & reporting

• 11 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

While reporting time in Work task-execution & reporting screen under service management, it shows only few people in employee ids-Anusha & Rishabh, why other resources are not displayed. I have setup many resources in IFS cloud.

Moreover, under Demands, I can see other resources & In dispatch console, I can assign them to some others. Why there is no sync between what assignment I do in dispatch console vs here

3 replies

Userlevel 7

While reporting time in Work task-execution & reporting screen under service management, it shows only few people in employee ids-Anusha & Rishabh, why other resources are not displayed. I have setup many resources in IFS cloud.

Moreover, under Demands, I can see other resources & In dispatch console, I can assign them to some others. Why there is no sync between what assignment I do in dispatch console vs here

If you look at the time reporting window, you see that the resource group has been set to 2 (most likely your primary resource group), whereas - ANUSHA KHATRI belongs to resource group 1. 

If you clear the resource group in the time report window, you should be able to select the others. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi anmise, Thanks so much.

My other doubt is on dispatch console. How is work task scheduling, allocation , execution screen different from dispatch console/related to dispatch console? I mean I can complete the work task flow like assignment & completion & reporting time from work task screens, then why I need to go to dispatch console?

Other than this, I noticed that when I selected a res group in work task screen in demand line

then it shows me the resources of only that group while assigning from work task screen

which sounds good but when I try to assign from dispatch console, it shows me all resources

why?

Userlevel 7

Hi anmise, Thanks so much.

My other doubt is on dispatch console. How is work task scheduling, allocation , execution screen different from dispatch console/related to dispatch console? I mean I can complete the work task flow like assignment & completion & reporting time from work task screens, then why I need to go to dispatch console?

Other than this, I noticed that when I selected a res group in work task screen in demand line

then it shows me the resources of only that group while assigning from work task screen

which sounds good but when I try to assign from dispatch console, it shows me all resources

why?

You don’t have to use the dispatch console, if you don’t have a need for it. It provides a Gantt and Map which may help you allocate work. Let’s say a resource has 3 jobs allocated and you need to allocate another one, from the assign job you wouldn’t be able to work that out, but from a Gantt view you can easily see where there is free space in the schedule.