Solved

What can cause the "Send log files" option in FSMi > Admin to become disabled?

• 28 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Customer says, “Also my users are seeing their Send log files on the mobile grayed out.  Is that something we can fix so the ones with issues can pull logs?”  Customer is reporting sync issues with their mobile users.

What can cause the "Send log files" option in FSMi > Admin to become disabled?  (G2316977-B)

Is the ALLOW_ADMIN_EDITS_IN_MOBILE App Param involved in any way?

icon

Best answer by brian.gummin 11 March 2022, 00:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Erin McQuestion ,
I am not quite sure about the issue here. What version your customer is running on? Is it a customized FSM mobile app?
But, looked at FSM6UPD14 code and do not see the mentioned app param disable “send log button”. It disables only some of the other options in the admin screen.

Ex:

String allowEdits = MetrixDatabaseManager.getFieldStringValue("metrix_app_params", "param_value", "param_name='ALLOW_ADMIN_EDITS_IN_MOBILE'");
        if (allowEdits.compareToIgnoreCase("N") == 0) {
            //Search from makeText
            MetrixUIHelper.showSnackbar(this, R.id.coordinator_layout, AndroidResourceHelper.getMessage("NotAllowedChngScreen"));
            mSaveButton.setEnabled(false);
            mManualLoginCheckBox.setEnabled(false);
            mPauseSyncCheckBox.setEnabled(false);
            mPlaySoundCheckBox.setEnabled(false);
            //mBluetoothScanButton.setEnabled(false);
            mSyncInterval.setEnabled(false);
            mServiceAddress.setEnabled(false);
        }

/Sanjeewa

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @SanjeewaJ 

Customer is running FSM6U11 with a customized FSMi solution.  This is one of a few issues reported since the deployment of a new mobile release where they implemented Quoting.  (Consulting says that involved configuration only.)  They have iOS 15 running on several devices, and the two users reporting the “Send Log Files” feature appearing disabled is currently limited to that O/S version.
KHALL - iPhone only - iOS 15.3.1 (Has an iPad on 15.3.1 that works) and JDAVIS - iPhone - iOS 15.3.1

Thank you for the confirmation that the Mobile App Param ALLOW_ADMIN_EDITS_IN_MOBILE is not a possible cause for this issue.

Now I’m back to the question, “What can cause the "Send log files" option in FSMi > Admin to become disabled?”  I understand that iOS is not supported until FSM6U14.  Could this issue possibly be related to the unsupported iOS version 15?

@brian.gummin 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Do the devices with the issue have an email account configured using the Mail app?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @brian.gummin  - “Yes both would have their outlook email connected to the phone.”

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

The only known reason for Send Log Files to be disabled is if there is no Mail account on the iOS device.  I recommend the users attempt to open Mail from a hyperlink on another screen (e.g. Contact Email on DebriefOverview).  If there is a message about no email client being installed, then the Mail app is not configured properly.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@brian.gummin  - Customer replied with, “Ok I think I know the issue.  We recently changed MDM's and now have to use the outlook email app for emails vs. the default mail app for iOS..  Could that be the issue?  If so could we connect it to the outlook app?”

Does the “Send Log Files” feature require the use of the default Mail app in iOS?  Can FSMi be enhanced to use Outlook from the device?  Is there a similar requirement for FSMa or FSMw?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Yes, “Send Log Files” in FSM Mobile for iOS requires use of Apple’s Mail app.  Support for alternate email apps would be considered an enhancement request.

Off the top of my head, I believe Android and Windows may be able to support alternate email apps.  But that is a separate topic that would require investigation/testing.