Question

Service Contract Objects and Work Orders

• 22 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We are having an issue where when we use an item from Business Opportunity to Customer Order then form a Work Order - if the object id is already on a “different” Service contract it is automatically linking them.   Are we missing a step on how not to make this happen

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

So we are on UPD14 - I am trying to figure out what the users are doing or not doing to create this - from what I see above - is this created when they are creating the Service request? (the link to the contract I mean)

So if they RMB from CO and go to Service Request - if there is only one service contract - will it automatically assign itself to that service request?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @sandra.waud ,
You can connect an existing service contract either from the Service Request window or from the  Prepare Work Order (CO Information tab) window.
Even if you have one service contract it will not be populated automatically and you have to enter the Contract ID only if you want to have it connected to the work order.

Hope this will clarify your questions 😊

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @sandra.waud ,
If your Object Id is connected to several service contracts, you will get the List Of Value for Contract ID for you to select the correct Service Contract.

Steps I have followed :

1. Create a Business Opportunity
  2. Create a customer Order
  3. RMB> Service Request (to create a work order)

Tested on IFSAPP10 UPD 18. Please let us know if you have followed different steps than above. Also the exact UPD you are in ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini