Question

PSO - Travel Barriers

• 28 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

I have view and watched the video on the KB Article below.

But I am still having issues trying to get some of the bridges to be blocked along the River Thames in London.

For anyone UK Based who have an Operations Team who don’t like to send Field Service Technician North or South of the water, have you implemented anything? I’m looking at specifically from Dartford Crossing through to the bridges in Central London, so the DSE isn’t using them.

I have in the past queried barriers and believe some have been successfully implemented. I was instructed to use the Blockages section too, shown below. 

Which then results in the map looking like;

Note the red marker on the point I want to block, and also the tail of the barrier going out to sea. Again I was instructed in the past to do this. 

Getting into central London that is a little bit more complicated, however it’s more steps than what is shown on the video. I wish the barriers were that simple. I have tried that, but we’re still seeing tasks get allocated to resources forcing them to go over the water.

Any advice would be warmly appreciated.

Ady

PSO Version 6.8.0.21

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Adrian,

It may just be that you need to just extend the barrier up the river Thames. If you are still having issues, you can raise a support case so that we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Kai

Badge +2

Hi Adrian,

If I understood correctly, the requirement is to prevent technicians from north of the Thames from going south and vice versa. If that’s correct, I don’t think barriers are your best option, probably you should use 2 regions London North and London South with hard constraints, that will give you the desired result.

Marzio.