Question

PM Request Generation Error

• 22 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Generating our quarterly contracts. using the contract PM request generation in Contracts Manager

It’s stuck in processing and wont actually generate any of them.

Checked the server log and found the follow message:

Message: PerformContractPMRequestGeneration. This row has been removed from a table and does not have any data.  BeginEdit() will allow creation of new data in this row.

Not sure what is stopping it based off this error

@Mike The FSM TechnoGeek - any idea what this is pointing to?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

I can’t say for sure what is going on from that error message.  My guess is you might have some custom business rules made to delete data after it’s presumed no longer needed but the rules could be deleting data that PM Generation is referencing?  I might try deactivating my custom business rules and see if PM Generation will run successfully.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I can’t say for sure what is going on from that error message.  My guess is you might have some custom business rules made to delete data after it’s presumed no longer needed but the rules could be deleting data that PM Generation is referencing?  I might try deactivating my custom business rules and see if PM Generation will run successfully.

@Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 

I’ve looked everywhere and there aren't any deleting business rules. whatever happened when i originally sent you this it went away but now, nothing seems to be allowing me to process this. Im thinking its one particular contract stopping it as i am able to do them individually.

any other ideas what it could be or how i could track the issue down?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

I would set logging level BR=6 and EX=9 and see if I get anything in the server log.  If you can get a stack trace, it may give us a clue.

The last thing I can think of is to engage IFS professional services and send a copy of your database to IFS for troubleshooting.  Depending upon the terms of any existing maintenance agreement, this may be a paid service.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I would set logging level BR=6 and EX=9 and see if I get anything in the server log.  If you can get a stack trace, it may give us a clue.

The last thing I can think of is to engage IFS professional services and send a copy of your database to IFS for troubleshooting.  Depending upon the terms of any existing maintenance agreement, this may be a paid service.

Thanks @Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 

did that and attached the log

found this, assuming the stack trace right before the error is related to it:

Have you  see this before? Inner exception target site : RemoveLastRequest

Userlevel 7

Thanks @Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 

Prior to those errors, you have a validation rule that fails. Can you maybe disable that and try?

Timestamp: 2021-01-05T11:25:13.9756090-05:00Message: Executing business rule perform: PerformName=perform_rule_validation ProcessID=DSL_REQUEST_VALIDATION_01 RuleSequence=464 ValueSetSequence=5Machine: TFI-FSMApp Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/FSMServer_5_7_7-1-132540956263631727ProcessId: 3384Process Name: w3wpThread Name: 
Timestamp: 2021-01-05T11:25:13.9912341-05:00Message:           business rule perform : parameter 3 = The selected place ID is an Inactive account and thus cannot have new requests created for it. Please verify that you have selected the correct account or contact accounting.Machine: TFI-FSMApp Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/FSMServer_5_7_7-1-132540956263631727ProcessId: 3384Process Name: w3wpThread Name: 
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks @Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 

Prior to those errors, you have a validation rule that fails. Can you maybe disable that and try?

Timestamp: 2021-01-05T11:25:13.9756090-05:00Message: Executing business rule perform: PerformName=perform_rule_validation ProcessID=DSL_REQUEST_VALIDATION_01 RuleSequence=464 ValueSetSequence=5Machine: TFI-FSMApp Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/FSMServer_5_7_7-1-132540956263631727ProcessId: 3384Process Name: w3wpThread Name: 
Timestamp: 2021-01-05T11:25:13.9912341-05:00Message:           business rule perform : parameter 3 = The selected place ID is an Inactive account and thus cannot have new requests created for it. Please verify that you have selected the correct account or contact accounting.Machine: TFI-FSMApp Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/FSMServer_5_7_7-1-132540956263631727ProcessId: 3384Process Name: w3wpThread Name: 

Hi @Mike The FSM TechnoGeek  - unfortunately all the contracts were generated manually so its going to be tough to see what helps and will have to try on our next run.

In regards to your suggestion, we do have 2 validation rules that stops a user from creating a request all together. However when this happens we would see the below error in the run log. Stating it completed the run with errors and what the error was. Whereas the current situation just gets stuck on processing