Question

Operations Follow Work Order Status Issue

• 23 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I would like to set up a site so that Operations against a work order change status when the work order status has changed. This works for most of our sites except one, where I receive the following error message.

The site has the box ‘Operations Follow Work Order Status’ ticked and I cannot see any difference between this site and any other sites that are working as expected. Is there any other configuration that needs to be changed? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you RMB on the work order and set “Operations Follow Work Order Status”? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

This option is greyed out when I try.

Userlevel 7

This option is greyed out when I try.

What’s the status of the work order? I think you need to get back to “Prepared” or “Under Preparation”. If you have postings, that might be an issue. The other option is to just complete the operations for the work orders that are affected. I’m assuming that you have changed the flag midway through?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks for your reply. We use Service Quotations (to produce and send a quote to the customer). We use the Operations tab to include the labour costs.

Creating a work order via Service Quotations automatically creates a Fixed Price posting line. 

We changed the status of the work order from WorkRequest to Released to indicate we are ready to move to the next stage of the job.

We would like to avoid updating the Operations seperately as they don’t serve a functional purpose for us (other than pricing up the job).

The issue only seems to be present in one of our Sites. All other sites allow us to set the work order to WorkDone without changing the status of the Operations Lines seperately. I just can’t see any difference in the configuration between this site and the others.

Userlevel 7

It sounds strange that it doesn’t work for one site. If create a new work order for that site, does “Operations Follow Work Order Status” get set? If you do the same, but start from the service quotation, is there a difference? 

Have you change the flag on the site recently? 

I’d probably raise a support case for this to have it investigated in your environment.