Question

Notification to technician for the work task assigned

• 24 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

when we create a work task and try to allocate the task to a technician he should get notification or say email notification. How can we configure this functionality.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HDZRISHABH ,

You can achieve this by configuring a Business Rule.

1.  For Notification

Create a custom process with type, Notification & fill in the required parameters. Then create the Business rule entering the appropriate rule inputs.

2.  For Email

I think this could be achieved by an XML type business Rule. As above, create a custom process with type, XML & then create a business rule with that using appropriate Rule inputs & conditions. Configure the XML message such that an email is sent whenever a Task is assigned to the particular technician.

Hope this helps. Cheers! :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Can you please help me on the exact path in IFS cloud to create business rule as we do not find any module with this name .

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

a Business Rule is something you will find in the IFS FSM application but not in IFS Cloud.
I think you can achieve the desired with Events in IFS Cloud. Please see the documentation here:
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/030_administration/090_automation_optimization/320_events/#manage_event_actions

However, I’m not an expert in this area so there might be also different ways.

Best regards
Roman