Question

How can i add a where clause in a Custom Field Reference

• 24 September 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I have this custom field, the reference  for a LOV is a View , but i need add a where clause for add a filter in this results thar view retrieve. 

How can i do that?

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

You would be able to add a where clause to the particular view by creating a new custom field.

1. Add a New Custom Field 
  2. Select Persistent
  3. Give the name of the Custom Field
  4.  Choose Select 

As in the below screen shot, you can define the sql statement along with the arguments.

Best regards,

Dharshika

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Dharshika Amaradasa , thank you for the answer, i have a question , with these arguments i can Display a LOV for this Field?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@HumbertoFloresD , 

Yes, It’s possible to add a filtration. Kindly let me know how do you want to filter customer addresses? 

Which field in the Business Lead window need to be mapped with customer address? I can’t find the mapping. 

If you can elaborate your requirement more, I can assist you further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@HumbertoFloresD , 

Yes, It’s possible to add a filtration. Kindly let me know how do you want to filter customer addresses? 

Which field in the Business Lead window need to be mapped with customer address? I can’t find the mapping. 

If you can elaborate your requirement more, I can assist you further.

Hi @HumbertoFloresD ,

The above explanation should be corrected. I have not properly understood your requirement before.

Here you won’t be able to add a filtration for the above LOV view.

You can choose implementation type ‘Select’ or ‘Expression’ as @Dharshika Amaradasa mentioned to add a WHERE clause. But LOV button will not be enabled for your custom field.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Chamika Dilhani ok , got it but i have a question,  if i select a Reference can i add a Where Clause  i have this reference for this field to displays a LOV but i cant found where i can add a where clause or this is not possible?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @HumbertoFloresD ,

I tried the same in our core environments. for this, I can’t see an option to add a WHERE clause.

Badge +14

@HumbertoFloresD You can use Saved Search to filter data in LOV.

Badge +14

@HumbertoFloresD I found a similar post in community (post ).

Hope this helps you :blush: .

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@MitDenukN  Can i pass an argument to this save Search ?

Badge +14

@HumbertoFloresD Could you please explain your requirement and what you want to filter with WHERE (conditions you want to add) ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@MitDenukN  I have a field with this reference 

and i need Apply a WHere Clause using Like argument an another field of the Page for Example 

i need pass an Existing Customer Field for the previous reference

thank you for the help

Badge +14

I was able to filter data in LOV with reference to another field value in a window (Contract Change Order).

Reference type custom field
Saved Search to filter data according to the Project id

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If I’m understanding correctly, you have a persistent field on the LU BusinessLead. You want this persistent field to reference the LU CustomerInfoAddress. When your user pulls up the LOV selection, you want them to only be able to select addresses for that particular customer without having to filter again for that customer.

If you already have a customer address from which to pick, it sounds like what you’re capturing are not leads but rather opportunities.

Nevertheless, MitDenukN’s solution above should work, or you can reference this other post which includes examples in both IEE and Aurena:

Filtering LoV in Aurena | IFS Community

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @durette thank you for the help, i try to do this in aurena , as the example that you share to me , 

But Doesnt’ Work i dont know if i skip a Step or Missing Something.