Question

hourly billing rate type for a technician

• 5 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi,

Is there anything like cost type/hourly rate type in IFS FSM module- I have FSE who works on service requests tasks. The FSE/technician might have diff rates like normal, overtime, nonbillable etc & the cost calculation should be based on the hrs filled in that category. Ex. his normal rate is say $50 & say his normal hrs are 5, so cost will be 50*5, but if his overtime hourly rate is $80 & overtime hrs he filled is 3, then cost will be 80*3. So want to know where these rates can be defined?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

hi all, can  anyone guide on this please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I believe this is regarding service management in IFS Cloud right?

These rates are defined as non-inventory sales parts, which have a price and cost linked to them. These sales parts are connected to the Resource Group, and connected to a Time Type. When reporting time on a work task, based on the time type that is selected, the correct rate will be used.

Sales parts setup

Resource Group setup

Time reported on a work time

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Roel, yes it is for service management in IFS cloud. But when I am creating a sales part, it is getting created as Inventory part. Another thinG, it seems a part which is getting sold while we want to define prices/billing rates of technician.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can use the ‘Non-Inventory Sales Part’ screen to create the sales, that will not create an inventory part.

The sales part is used to define the pricing of the technician. Technically you are selling this part to the customer, with the unit of measurement being hours. Since it is a non-inventory part it isn’t actually a physical part though.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Roel

I think I am close but still missing something. I defined a base price for normal billing

Now when the peron filled 2 hrs in the task, it shows me below in the sales

where is the calculation of time* base price say 2*160 or 2*200? What is this sales price amount/base?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

This depends on the price rule that is applied, where you most likely have defined a revenue and markup %. This price rule is fetched from the contract (if you’ve used one) or from the service catalog.

To make it a bit easier to see what has happened, you can add the Revenue % and Markup % columns in your screen. In the example in my screenshot below, the price for the first line is calculated as 3*100*55% = 165

This is explained quite well in the ‘Price Handling’ section in the online documentation as well.

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/22r2/RequestManagement/AboutRequestManagement.htm