Solved

FSM WebClient: How to delete note created by other user

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi,

in FSM Webclient it’s only possible to delete a note which was created by the login user.

How can a note be deleted by another user?

Is there any setup defining it?  

icon

Best answer by JuniSihombing 23 January 2023, 10:17

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @JuniSihombing,

I believe the delete permission for notes will depend on the permission for the screen on which they appear (in this case Place).

Can you check if these users have a delete permission for the Place screen and, if they do not, add it to one and see if the delete option appears after refreshing cache and logging out and back in.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck,

Yes, it’s the delete-permission for notes, e.g., Place Notes, Product Notes, Part Notes, Contact Notes, I am looking for.

The user “Juniaty Sihombing”, from example above, has ADMIN role which has all permissions.  No restriction for the ADMIN role

Is the setting not in the role?

Best regards,

~Juni

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @JuniSihombing,

I do not believe there are permissions for the notes level themselves. If you have delete/edit/change permission for the delete screen that should be what allows you to delete notes on that screen.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @Lee Pinchbeck 

I have the same behaviour with ADMIN role assigned to my user.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

We need to see the specific allowances on that admin role though. Does it specify Places and/or Notes? Also, is this behaviour the same in the Smart client.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @Lee Pinchbeck 

This is my ADMIN role configs

This is relevant to the WebClient only. From the smart client I can delete other notes.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

If it is a difference between the two clients it would need to be logged as an issue and investigated. It may well be due to limitation of the web client which is why the smart client remains for use by super users conducting admin and configuration work.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin, has your findings been logged?

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @JuniSihombing 

Sorry, but no. Must have missed the message from Lee.

Please go ahead and open a support call.

Let me know if I can further assist.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin , 

thank you for your response.  

It’s logged in case CS0115256, in case you want to follow it up. :-)

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Logged in case CS0115256

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

One of our customers has reported the same. Do we have any updates on this? I am not able to see the above logged ticket due to access limitations.
Is this identified as a bug?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Miraj,

it’s a bug. I opened a case for it.  Based on update in the case, the fix will be in UPD24.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @Miraj 

According to support - 

This issue has been resolved in FSM 6 Update 24, scheduled to be released in Apr 28, 2023.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks @JuniSihombing @Shneor Cheshin