Question

FSM Mobile installation issue

• 7 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

While installing FSM application for Mobility instance received the following error code.  We do have significant number of Mobile licenses. 

Communication error: A125: No License information was found for the user : IFS_MOBILE. Contact your system admin for assistance.

Could anyone advise, what we have missed here?

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Asterix , Can you please confirm in which platform (android, iOS or windows) you are facing the issue. I would assume that you well aware and you have followed the mobile installation steps correctly. If not, please mention at which point you are getting this error during the installation.

To be specific with the error, “No License information was found for the user “, I would assume that there might be any problem with License key installation. For your knowledge , I will include the correct steps for installing the License keys but refer it, only if it is applicable for your situation under the above mentioned assumptions.

Using FSM Studio (Smart Client) you can do the following for installing license keys:

1. From the menu bar, go to the screen “License Admin”. This shows all the available licenses.
  2. Click the button “Apply License” 
  3. On the open window, locate and select the license key file provided by IFS Support and click Open.
  4. On the confirmation window, Click Yes.
  5. On the confirmation window, Click Ok.
  6. On the FSM License admin window , click close.

Somehow, its better if you can mention about the exact point of issue occurrence if this doesn’t work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Astrix, 

Did you gave the user the permission set IFS_MOBILE ?

regards,

Camiel 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks for your response.

@NisalG : Permission wise I’m good, Mobile license count is already showing in license_admin.  

@TokoWieme : Could you please advise more on how to do permission set IFS_MOBILE.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Asterix, 

At has been a while since I worked with mobile users, but IFS should have a standard permission set IFS_MOBILE. You can set the permission set in the User area. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Asterix,

Did @TokoWieme’s guidance allow you to correct this issue or are you still having issues with the mobile installation?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Lee Pinchbeck : I still have the same issue.  I had the prior experience of configuring Mobile instance. Generally, during mobile installation, we need to provide the endpoint and rest of things get done automatically. Here, getting issue with license.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Asterix,

Can you please check license admin to confirm how many in use and available is showing for the mobile license? Please bare in mind that the licenses are used up by device rather than by user so, if you end up with a user initialising FSM on multiple devices they will use up multiple licenses until some of the devices are marked inactive or removed.

You would then need to enter the person record for the user you are trying to setup and confirm that their license is MOBILE and that they are ticked as a mobile user on the details tab.

If there are licenses available and the above items are marked on the person record it should work so you may need to raise a case for further investigation.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Asterix,

Just checking to see how you got on with this. Do you still need assistance or were you able to resolve your issue?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

UPDATE NOTE:  In one of the earlier Updates to FSM6, the MOBILE user count logic was changed to consume one license per Person ID, regardless of how many devices that are activated for a Person.  So it is now truly counting mobile users based on active person_mobile record existence; it is not counting devices.

Person record maintenance for all users, particularly Mobile users, is necessary when the Person leaves the company.  Update the Person.Status field to “Inactive” which deletes their person_mobile records and prevents mm_message_out records from being created for them that will never be downloaded.  The license token that was created will then be returned to the Available count. 

@Asterix 

@Lee Pinchbeck