Question

[FSM Mobile 5.6.3] Removing un-assigned tasks from mobile

• 6 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’m running into an issue where when a task is re-assigned (or un-assigned), the mobile app never updates or removes the task from the original assignee’s mobile app.

I figure it has something to do with extracts, but I cannot figure out exactly what...

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I just want to get more clarification about the issue.

1. You can assign the task to technician from Task screen or schedule board or PSO.

then once you assigned the task to technician, you able to see it in mobile. then again you are trying unassigned it from origin user and assign it to someone else from backed. ( you are not using reject option in mobile ). then the task is available in both mobile? ( is this the issue )? 

1. There is a extract function to task which runs when something happen to Task and run the perform based on the action. Do you have any customization on it? do you change it? ( when you get the information about the Audit/Extract record for TASK, do you see any time difference between modified dttm and created dttm)
  1. does this happen recently or at the stage when you start using the FSM or for selected users?
  1. Does this happen all the time or once in a while? 
Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I just want to get more clarification about the issue.

1. You can assign the task to technician from Task screen or schedule board or PSO.

then once you assigned the task to technician, you able to see it in mobile. then again you are trying unassigned it from origin user and assign it to someone else from backed. ( you are not using reject option in mobile ). then the task is available in both mobile? ( is this the issue )? 

Correct - and the task on the original assignee's mobile never updates (also, reject button isn’t showing on mobile...issue for another post probably) 

1. There is a extract function to task which runs when something happen to Task and run the perform based on the action. Do you have any customization on it? do you change it? ( when you get the information about the Audit/Extract record for TASK, do you see any time difference between modified dttm and created dttm)

No modifications - just the default extract

1. does this happen recently or at the stage when you start using the FSM or for selected users?
  1. Does this happen all the time or once in a while? 

It seems to happen all the time, for every user.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Saw this thread and glad the issue isn’t just on our end. We’re running 5.7. Same issue. It’s not with all users but it happens often. 

the only way to get it off the job list is to initialize the app at this time. I would love if someone had a permanent solution 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

JBernardo,

We actually were able to solve this by rewriting the baseline view that the sync rules use “task_assignment_view”.

The baseline view looks at all tasks on the request, and all currently assigned technicians.   

My updated view,  running off task_events, looks at all previously assigned technicians as well.

The only dependency is that you record all person_id entries and changes into task_event.

Custom View Creation code:

create view [custom_task_assignment_view] as 
select

task_event.task_id
,task_event.person_id_to as person_id
,iif(task.person_id = task_event.person_id_to,'Y','N') as assigned_person

from task
left outer join task_event on task_event.task_id = task.task_id

where task_event.person_id_to is not null

group by
task_event.task_id
,task_event.person_id_to
,task.person_id

steps we took

1. Create View in SQL DB
  2. Create Metadata for the view in FSM (Custom Metadata)
  3. Update Sync Rule
  4. Re-initialize the App for all users

this did initially cause errors for all active technicians because the table (custom_task_assignment_view) was not recognized on their Mobile Devices; Re-initialing solved that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Rwjgoedhart,

Can you provide a series of screen shot so that we can also try to apply same configuration for reschedule task in mobile client.

Thanks

Sumit