Question

FSM 6 u10 Customer Portal

• 22 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

How do we increase log levels to troubleshoot Customer Portal issues?  Is it done via the Server Log on  the Smart Client?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MartinF ,

As per my understanding you cannot increase the log levels of the customer portal. When I went through the source code of the smart client the log lines will be taking a numerical value (specified in the server logs) is passed to achieve the different log levels. But in the customer portal there isn't such arguments, due to this reason I don't think you can increase the log level.

In order to troubleshoot any issues  in the customer portal, you can use the Developer tools in the browser and check the network calls. 

Hope this answer helps

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

As per my understanding, the FSM Portals also have the same client-server architecture.

Therefore, personally I would suggest you segregate whether the problem origins from the “Database / Application Server” or “Client”.

If it is “Database / Application Server” you can use Server-Logs and other techniques for the investigations.

If it is from the “Client” aspect you can use the Google DevTools - Network.

Below are some sample tutorials which I found from YouTube on basic uses of the DevTools which might help you.

Apart from that, you can fetch logs from Portal itself: User (Top right corner – user image) > About > Logs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MartinF,

I was referring to the logs which you can obtain from the portal itself.  Which can be taken from these steps  as @Ruchira Jayasinghe  mentioned . 
User (Top right corner – user image) > About > Logs.

For these logs you cannot increase the log levels. The source code explanation I provided in the previous comment is regarding these portal logs. 

Hope this answer helps

Best Regards,
Atheeq