Solved

FSM 6.5 Substitution Maps

• 22 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I have a notification email that’s being sent out when a part need is created for certain parts.  I would like the person who created the part need to be CC’ed on this email.

The notification message is triggered by a request event and the person I’d like included on the email is the request event creator.  I’m not sure how to use request_event.created_by in the distribution list.

Another problem is I’ve been trying to create substitution maps to get the persons emails address with different methods. For some reason the ones I create don’t show up in the “Wild card member” drop down on the distribution list screen. I don’t see any differences it my substitution maps and the ones that do show up in the drop down.

Currently I can use request.event.created_by or I’ve also stuffed the part_need.sequence into the request_event.user_def2 to have a link back to the part need where I could use part_need.created_by

Any suggestions appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SanjeewaJ 8 December 2021, 04:04

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @csanders,

Are you able to post or describe your setup for the substitution map and the notification message? This will help forum users determine why this is not pulling through correctly.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @csanders,

Are you able to post or describe your setup for the substitution map and the notification message? This will help forum users determine why this is not pulling through correctly.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Thanks for the reply.  The notification message is working just fine.  I’m really just struggling with adding the part_need or request_event creator to the distribution list. I will happily provide any specific information that could be helpful.  Here’s a substitution map I created trying to use the part_need sequence that I have saved in request.event.user_def2.  I don’t know if it will work because it doesn’t show up as an option to select in the wild card member of the distribution list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @csanders,

Typical the table key fields should be used to connect between the tables you want to move to.

In your example a user_def field is used and sequence which I do not believe is unique. This could be the cause.

Are you able to move from request_event to request and then down to part needs using the request id value instead?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Lee,  I don’t think I could do that without creating a business rule that updates a request UDef with the last request event creator.  I feel like it should work the way I have it in this screenshot going from the request_event straight to the person table with no constraints.

It seems odd that the substitution map doesn’t even show up in the list on the distribution list screen like all the others.  I would expect it to show up, but not work if the map was wrong.  None of the substitution maps I have created show up in the list, event after refreshing full cache and logging out and back in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @csanders,

If none of your substitution maps are working I would suggest requesting training on substitution maps to ensure you are making all steps correctly.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@csanders How have you created a wildcard member in FSM ? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@schuster  The way I’ve tried to do it is by creating a new substitution map from the substitution map screen.  I set the substitution type to “Wildcard used for resolving notification address” and try to map it to a field that has an email address.  It looks like that’s how the existing ones were created, but as I said mine don’t show up as an option to select on the distribution list screen.

I did notice that the combo box on the distribution list screen is looking a different table than the substitution map screen and the ones I create are only saved it one of the tables.  So I guess I’m either missing a step, or there’s an issue with our FSM install.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @csanders,

When you create wild cards, please make sure you follow below 2 steps.

1. Create substitution map. Example - @task.c_team_id
  1. Create the same @task.c_team_id as a code value in code table WILD_CARD_MEMBER

Refresh cache, re-open distribution list screen.

Then it will be available in the distribution list dropdown.

Hope this will help you.

/Sanjeewa

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

In addition, to the above it is always a good idea to name the wildcard <tablename>.<topic/subject>, not sure if the fullstop (.) is necessary but its good practice to maintain consistency in the application.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@schuster  The way I’ve tried to do it is by creating a new substitution map from the substitution map screen.  I set the substitution type to “Wildcard used for resolving notification address” and try to map it to a field that has an email address.  It looks like that’s how the existing ones were created, but as I said mine don’t show up as an option to select on the distribution list screen.

I did notice that the combo box on the distribution list screen is looking a different table than the substitution map screen and the ones I create are only saved it one of the tables.  So I guess I’m either missing a step, or there’s an issue with our FSM install.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

There are two steps to creating a substitution map as mention by @SanjeewaJ  below and it should work. I don’t think there is an issue with the FSM install. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks!  I didn’t see anything about that wild card member code table in the documentation.  That has to be my issue.  I will try this.

I really appreciate your help!