Solved

FSM 5.7 - Quote to Request to Task

• 28 September 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The Quote module, Out of the box, seems to create a request once the Quote has been approved.

It only creates a request. Is there a method that already exists to have it auto create the task as well?

Ideally would like to not carry over everything

For example, if there is labour on the quote, we dont want labour on the task (in the event the user takes longer)

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 29 September 2020, 15:28

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

Sounds like what you want is the Request and Task Templates functionality.

These can be found as main menu options.

They allow you to set defaults and pre-fill data based off of the type of request or task selected. On the request template you can also see the request tabs including task which then allows you to add in lines for any tasks that will definitely be required for this type of request.

If details will differ depending on what is eventually entered on the request you may need to pair this up with a business rule that sets the relevant request template depending on what quote details are in place on approval.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @jbernardo,

Sounds like what you want is the Request and Task Templates functionality.

These can be found as main menu options.

They allow you to set defaults and pre-fill data based off of the type of request or task selected. On the request template you can also see the request tabs including task which then allows you to add in lines for any tasks that will definitely be required for this type of request.

If details will differ depending on what is eventually entered on the request you may need to pair this up with a business rule that sets the relevant request template depending on what quote details are in place on approval.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Hi Lee

yes it does, i think i can do a generic request template that links to a task template and set it so users dont have to enter it manually.

My only concern is how to stop non part usage from coming over. not sure what that business rule would look like. Do you know where in FSM, it states how a quote generates a request? is there a mapping or an out of box rule?( I couldnt find one)

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

There is an app param that controls non-part usage creation from quote (QUOTE_ACCEPT_NON_PART_ACTION_DEFAULT).

The setting for this will take affect for all quotes accepted though so if there are any quotes you do want to transfer the non-part usage for that would need to be controlled with a business rule or performed manually.

Details of the other app params that control this area as well as a general guide to the process can be found by clicking the question mark at the top right in FSM when on the quote screen.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @jbernardo,

There is an app param that controls non-part usage creation from quote (QUOTE_ACCEPT_NON_PART_ACTION_DEFAULT).

The setting for this will take affect for all quotes accepted though so if there are any quotes you do want to transfer the non-part usage for that would need to be controlled with a business rule or performed manually.

Details of the other app params that control this area as well as a general guide to the process can be found by clicking the question mark at the top right in FSM when on the quote screen.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Thank you Lee - i think with these two combined i should be able to get the desired results

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Lee Pinchbeck i used the template method you suggested, it works. it creates a task automatically.

However, the part needs do not go over with it. The part need stay on the request but dont apply to the task.

I set up the request template to have the task template connected to it. Is there any out of box way to make it where the task inherits the request part need (as it does with a regular request creation)?

Or is this a business rule? and if so would you be able to help me process it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Lee Pinchbeck i used the template method you suggested, it works. it creates a task automatically.

However, the part needs do not go over with it. The part need stay on the request but dont apply to the task.

I set up the request template to have the task template connected to it. Is there any out of box way to make it where the task inherits the request part need (as it does with a regular request creation)?

Or is this a business rule? and if so would you be able to help me process it.

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck - wondering if you were able to review 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Lee Pinchbeck  wanted to follow up on this. we need the part needs to apply to the task record but it only goes onto the request level. looking at the types under quote its all request based. is there any other way to do this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Lee Pinchbeck  wanted to follow up on this. we need the part needs to apply to the task record but it only goes onto the request level. looking at the types under quote its all request based. is there any other way to do this?

@Lee Pinchbeck 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

This should be controlled by client scripting. If you check the Request level there should be client script there that is controlling this population. If you then tweak that and add it to the Task level it should then behave the same way.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @jbernardo,

This should be controlled by client scripting. If you check the Request level there should be client script there that is controlling this population. If you then tweak that and add it to the Task level it should then behave the same way.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck Thanks for the help. I checked the FSM Client Scripts, all of the ones in there are for mobile only. all of the scripts actually are for mobile. there is only one for FSM Client.

I checked them anyways and cant find anything that relates to quotes & Requests

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

You would need to use UI Designer to view the Request and Task screens. In UI Designer you can then view the scripts that run on that page. This should then show you the script that is controlling this and also where you would need to put the script on Task for it to work there also.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck