Question

FSM 5.7 - Barcode Scanner

• 17 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Has anyone integrated a form of barcode scanning within IFS platforms ?

Particularly, we are looking to barcode our inventory and be able to scan that into our system to add as a part usage or part need for shipping

Also, adding it to the mobile platform so that the user can scan the part for it to be added to the task.

i did find some limited documentation on using scan it and the account manager but not clear with these instructions how it all comes together

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/090_touch_apps/60_scan_it/default.htm

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jbernardo ,

We are using IFS Application 10 Update 8 along with the IFS Aurena Scan-It 10 application.  We had to install the IFS Touch App Server and configure it first then we installed the IFS Aurena Scan-It 10 applications on our Zebra Android barcode scanners.

We use the barcode scanners to perform inventory moves, product picking, receiving and inventory counts.  All these are configured under the Warehouse Data Collection section of IFS in the Data Collection Configuration screen.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

You have tagged this as FSM but the documentation you have added is for TouchApps which is a separate application.

Can you please confirm which application this relates to?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jbernardo,

You have tagged this as FSM but the documentation you have added is for TouchApps which is a separate application.

Can you please confirm which application this relates to?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck - we are using FSM. Sorry for the confusion. i was digging through forums and sites trying to find the answer and didn't realize it was different. So using FSM, I wouldn't be able to integrate touch apps? or is there a different way to incorporate barcode scanning into FSM?

thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

FSM would not integrate with Touch apps but FSM does have barcode functionality. I have not used it myself but I can have a look round and see if I can find some documentation on it.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jbernardo,

FSM would not integrate with Touch apps but FSM does have barcode functionality. I have not used it myself but I can have a look round and see if I can find some documentation on it.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

@Lee Pinchbeck  thank you lee - looking forward to seeing that. is the barcode function build into FSM as it currently is or is it something additional?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jbernardo,

There is a the warehouse portal which is an additional license and can be run directly on a handheld barcode scanner. The warehouse portal allows for most actions you expect from personnel managing a warehouse. That is part of FSM6 though and I believe you are on FSM5.7. 

In 5.7 I think how I have seen barcodes used is on reports where you add the barcode on to the report itself for scanning and tracking. I will do some more digging to see if there have been more uses around.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck