Question

Book Appointment pending selection - status in PSO (Allocated v Do Not Schedule)

• 16 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

How do I control the PSO status of an Activity that is pending Appointment Booking from FSM? I get different results between Allocated and Do Not Schedule. I have seen somewhere where I can dictate the numeric value of the desired status, but can’t find it again.

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thanks Tom,

Should I therefore be using numeric statuses, as used by PSO (-1 etc) or would I use DoNotSchedule etc? Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Exactly, yes. Our business model requires most of our work to have appointments made with customers. So we implemented configuration to send most tasks over to PSO, that way they are visible on the PSO map, and can be scheduled based on geographic location. Our internal system config team were unable to find DoNotSchedule as an option for scheduling status. Is there a code table for these Scheduling Statuses we could locate in FSM to ensure DoNotSchedule is an active, usable status?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

You use the FSM status id (these are mapped to a PSO status in the TASK_STATUS code table).

Thanks,

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi, yes - the Ignore status in FSM maps to DoNoSchedule in PSO.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Tom,

A related issue for you. Is there a way to modify the Scheduling Status linked to the FSM status in the TASK_STATUS code table? And if so, can we select “Do Not Schedule” to be linked to Open? 

We have recently added configuration which will automatically send most Open tasks from FSM directly to PSO. This is so our planners can have a visual representation of the work to be schedule on the PSO Map.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

For reference: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi, yes you can do this as you have highlighted above. Can I just confirm the behaviour you want is to transfer tasks to PSO in a status of DoNotSchedule? Presumably you want to do this and then manually plan the activities in PSO ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Andy,

If I understand correctly, you are asking how to set the status an activity is updated to when an appointment request is made from FSM (but before an offer has been accepted) ?

If so then the FSM scheduling app param APPT_TASK_STATUS_VALUE is used to define this status.

Hope that helps,

Tom