Question

Send Document File By E-Mail in Document Revision is not working

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello, everyone!

Anyone familiar with IFS Cloud 21R2's Send Document File By Email feature in Document Revision window? 

I have installed the Aurena Agent and when I am trying to send the document, it neither opens the email nor gives any errors.

I hope somebody can give us a word of advise on this matter.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

19 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @wanodya94 

Few questions;

1. Are there any macros connected to this document/class for “SENDBYMAIL” function?
  2. Is the agent not identified by the application? You can check it here in the application under ‘Agent Available’.

If neither of above are true, to get some more insights, could you please follow the below troubleshooting guidline and send the results.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/020_installation/400_installation_options/040_aurena_agent/troubleshooting/

There in the Agent’s debug console, a call to agent as DownloadAndSend should be visible. Could you send a screenshot with the values passed into it?

Thanks

Deshan

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @deshan.ekanayake ,

Hi @wanodya94 

Few questions;

1. Are there any macros connected to this document/class for “SENDBYMAIL” function?
  2. Is the agent not identified by the application? You can check it here in the application under ‘Agent Available’.

If neither of above are true, to get some more insights, could you please follow the below troubleshooting guidline and send the results.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/020_installation/400_installation_options/040_aurena_agent/troubleshooting/

There in the Agent’s debug console, a call to agent as DownloadAndSend should be visible. Could you send a screenshot with the values passed into it?

Thanks

Deshan

I have already installed the aurena agent and it is visible in the user settings.

Also, I have no micro functions connected to any of the document class.

As shown below, there are no errors detected in the debug console but it is not opening up the outlook either.

Thank You!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

hi @wanodya94 ,

Just wondering whether other Agent functionality is working for you without any issue?. Did a quick test on the send option and that seems to work fine with the Agent being able to open up outlook with the document attached. However, i can't seem to get the “Print” option to work with that always timing out even though i can see the document being downloaded without any issues. 

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Sajith, 

hi @wanodya94 ,

Just wondering whether other Agent functionality is working for you without any issue?. Did a quick test on the send option and that seems to work fine with the Agent being able to open up outlook with the document attached. However, i can't seem to get the “Print” option to work with that always timing out even though i can see the document being downloaded without any issues. 

Cheers

Other functionalities, such as Print Document, Send Document Link, and Copy File To, are working fine for me without any issues. Only the "Send Document File By E-Mail" functionality is not working for me.

Thank You!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

We have one customer who have reported the same problem, or similar. No visible errors, The file is downloaded but Outlook simply does not open. We don't know yet what might cause the issue but we think it's related to the Windows installation or configuration in some way. At that other customer, all their users was local admins, is it the same here?

The problem I investigated has to do with MAPI in some way but, again, the underlying problem has not yet been identified. Do you by any chance have the possibility to test the same in IEE on a machine where it fails in Aurena? The technical mechanism should be the same.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Mathias,

My user is a local admin and MAPI is also enabled.

In my case, only the "Send Document File By E-Mail" option is not working, and the "Send Document Link" functionality is working perfectly.

Thank You!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Thanks for the comment. 

Do you by any chance have the possibility to test the same in IEE on a machine where it fails in Aurena?

Badge +1

Hello,

@wanodya94  were you able to find the resolution of this issue ?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

After lengthy investigations done by @Jitharie we think we finally have a clue to why this fails on some machines. It looks like the Aurena Agent fails to send the e-mail when using 64 bit Outlook. For some reason the MAPI library we use does not like it when the "bitness" differs between the application (Aurena Agent in this case) and Outlook.

If anyone with this problem is reading this and have the problem, can you tell us if you are running 32 or 64 bit Outlook?

Badge +2

Hi @Mathias Dahl ...we are experiencing the same issue here.  I am running 64 bit Outlook and basically get no response from IFS Cloud (22R1) when I attempt to send a Document File by email.  However, when I do this test with IEE (Apps8Sp1), it DOES create the Outlook email without any issue.  Any thoughts or insights you might be able to share would be welcomed eagerly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Sylvan 

Now that we have an idea on why it fails, we will see if we can build either a 64 bit version of the Aurena Agent, or a version that works with both. Another option we have is to stop supporting any e-mail client and only support Outlook. That would probably work for the majority of customers, but some might use other clients.

As for right now, you have to download a copy and send it "manually", or open it in the application associated with the file, and send it from there. There is also the option to install a Docman macro for the send by e-mail process, and have it open an e-mail. We have tried this for another customer and it works without a flaw.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Mathias Dahl has this been fixed for a 64 bit outlook installation? Or is this still an issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mathias Dahl has this been fixed for a 64 bit outlook installation? Or is this still an issue? 

It's not fixed, but the macro workaround can be used in the meantime. We are planning to do it in 23R2, but that's not a promise.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mathias Dahl 

We also have this problem with one of our customers.
Could you please send us the macro to automate the mail sending?

Thank you very much.
Théo

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mathias Dahl 

We also have this problem with one of our customers.
Could you please send us the macro to automate the mail sending?

Thank you very much.
Théo

Which version are they running?

We soon have a fix for the Office 32 vs 64 bit problem though…

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,
This is a 64-bit Outlook.

Which version will the patch be for?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,
This is a 64-bit Outlook.

Which version will the patch be for?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

It will work with both.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Do you have any idea in which version of IFS Cloud the patch will be applied?
Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

There is no patch in the normal sense. The change is in the Aurena Agent, of which there is only ONE version. It means that, as soon as we have released it, everyone will have access to it and can use it, from Aurena on Apps 10 to IFS Cloud 23R1.