Question

Multi Company Documents

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Is it possible to see attached documents in both companies when creating a multi company voucher or a supplier invoice?  Currently we are only able to view the document in the company we entered in,.

Thanks for your help

Laura

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @LauraR 

Your requirement is not very clear for me. But it seems like something that can be achieved with Object connection transformation. Look it up.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Is it possible to see attached documents in both companies when creating a multi company voucher or a supplier invoice?  Currently we are only able to view the document in the company we entered in,.

I agree with @Amila Samarasinghe, it would be good with some more details. Perhaps some screenshots would help, pointing out what you have now and what you would like to have?

And Object Connection Transformation might help, you can look it up in the documentation. A custom event might also be a solution, but let’s try to understand the problem more.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I would like the attached document to be attached to the records in both companies.  Currently the attached document is only visible in one of the companies (the company that the voucher or supplier invoice was entered into.).  I hope this makes sense

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks, that's clearer.

Can you also show us with a screenshot how it looks where it's currently attached? In order to advise we need to know in detail which screen you are using.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Here is an example in Multi Company Voucher.  Document is only visible in the company it was entered in

Company voucher entered into

Document shown above

Company voucher was offset to

I hope this will help explain.  Thanks for your time

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Got it now, thanks!

It might be possible to solve that requirement using a Object Connection Transformation rule, but I don't know enough about the finance area to say for sure.

The document is connected to another instance of GenLedVoucher, but with a different company. We cannot setup a Object Connection Transformation rule that works within the same LU (GenLedVoucher), but with a different value in one of the keys (company).

If there is some other relation between the "GenLedVoucher" and some other object that has the document connected, it might be possible to setup a Object Connection Transformation rule to "transform" (yeah, it's a strange term) documents from one object to the other.

A custom event should be able to duplicate the connection.

I don't have any recipe for either approach though. You need help of some technical person who can dig into this.

Good luck!