Question

Edit docs on mobile devices

• 16 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

DocMan in Aurena and IEE requires a Check out folder to handle view and edit of documents. 

How is this done on Iphone and Ipad? 

4 replies

Badge +1

no one are using DocMan on mobile? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

DocMan in Aurena and IEE requires a Check out folder to handle view and edit of documents. 

How is this done on Iphone and Ipad? 

In IEE, the local check out folder is definitely needed. In Aurena it's not strictly needed, and if you want to use it you need the install the Aurena Agent. On a mobile device and web using a web browser to access Aurena/IFS Cloud Web Client you can check out a document for editing. Then you edit it using whatever means you have on your mobile device. Then you check in the document that you edited. This should be possible but it's the trickiest part of the flow since you need to find where the file was downloaded and where it was saved after editing. But there should not be any conceptual problems with this.
Give it a try and see how it goes.

Badge +1

Thank you Mathias, this is my experience too when testing on iphone and Ipad , in addition to a prompt to allow popup in Safari. 

To be user friendly, the user should not have to worry where the file gets stored, nor going into setting so allow popups. It should go seamlessly, similar to PC. 

So, are there any plans in the roadmap for this, or should I consult my ogranisation’s technical team? 

We want to promote use of handheld devices in our org to improve efficiency. Therfore it should be as seamless as possible. 

Thank you , Regars, Dan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

To be user friendly, the user should not have to worry where the file gets stored, nor going into setting so allow popups. It should go seamlessly, similar to PC. 

I'm far from a web expert, but I have a hard time seeing that we could build what you are asking for using a web browser-based client. I think it's very hard, or impossible, to automate what is needed to get a more seamless flow. A mobile app might be able to do it, but that's just a guess. Perhaps you should file an idea request about this here on IFS Community?