Question

Document Structure - Latest Released Revision

• 31 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Is there any way to have all documents in the document structure updated/transferred to the latest Released Revision automatically?

Following setup is when document connected to an Object, do we have something similar for document Structure when it is not connected to any object in the application?

Document Default Values: DB Column: KEEP_LAST_DOC_REV , Object : Document Reference Object
Latest Released Revision (R): when a new Revision of the Document is Released, the Object Connection will be transferred to the latest Released Revision

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Can you tell us a bit more about what it is you are trying to achieve? What are the documents in the structure, what do you do with them, etc.?

Also, I suggest you have a read about Structure Documents, there are some features available there when revising and releasing documents in a document structure with the Structure attribute set:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/22r2/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutStructureDocuments.htm?StandAlone=true

In IEE we have full support for them, but in IFS Cloud the full automation is not there yet, when it comes to the file handling (efficient check in and check out).

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Mathias, thanks for the reply, and sorry about the delay in response.

I am looking for some kind of setup in the document structure to always fetch the latest Released Revision automatically.

These documents might be instruction documents used by the document management responsible person on the customer side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks. I think I cannot suggest anything without understanding the requirement in even more detail. Can you describe the process in a step by step fashion, pretending the feature you want exist?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you, I will ask the customer about the detailed requirement.