Question

Document Preview in Aurena

• 28 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 12 replies

Do we have a comprehensive list of File Types supported by “Preview” option in Aurena ? This is for a customer on App 10 Aurena client. Managed to use Preview for PDF, TXT,JPG and MP4 file types. Did not work for MS OFFICE files, HTM, MSG etc. 

Also is there a way to disable the download option in “Preview” window ?

Customer is looking for an inbuilt viewer for all file types. Also they don't want the users (with only View access) to download the files to local machines and also print. So at least need to provide a list of supported file types for preview and a way to stop downloading.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There are several topics related to this question that have some of the answers to your questions.  But I haven’t found one with a list of all of the file types.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Also if I can get it to work with 3D PDF most of the issues of the customer will be resolved; for me it opened 3D PDF without support for 3D features.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Please check the supported list of file types in the below attachment.

Is there a way to disable the download option in “Preview” window ? - This is being enabled to all users having “View” access. A small mod to set it for Admin users will work here. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Also if I can get it to work with 3D PDF most of the issues of the customer will be resolved; for me it opened 3D PDF without support for 3D features.

This viewer will not support 3D PDF.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you Mayura, for the information. 

Just wonder since “Instant View” using AutoVue is no longer supported in Aurena, which would have been a great solution as AutoVue seems to support almost any file type; do we have plans to have a inbuilt viewer or integration to any other application to support many file types? eg. 3D PDF, DWG etc. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Deshan E, sent these details, thank you!

Is there a way to disable the download option in “Preview” window ?

You can do this through a customization. In DocReferenceObjectAttachment.client

Above the condition to enable can be adjusted.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thank you Mayura, for the information. 

Just wonder since “Instant View” using AutoVue is no longer supported in Aurena, which would have been a great solution as AutoVue seems to support almost any file type; do we have plans to have a inbuilt viewer or integration to any other application to support many file types? eg. 3D PDF, DWG etc. 

There are no such plans right now, but it might change. We do appreciate the need for "preview" of different file formats also in IFS Cloud.