Solved

Document Attachment Visible at all Employee Certificates

• 12 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Apps10 Upd8 IEE

With the current setup of the Object Connection for Employee Qualifications > Certificates (attachment LU = PersLicenseProfile), when a document is connected to one certificate record for Employee A, the document is ‘visible’ as an attachment at other certificate records for the same employee.

Is there a Method available to restrict the visibility only to the Certificate record to which the document was explicitly attached?

Object Connection setup:

Certificate record where the attachment was made for document 1001832 (certificate TA 0718-17)

The other Certificate record for the same Employee/Group ID (certificate TA 1291-15)

The Object Key for the document-object connection:

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 12 January 2022, 22:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

After refreshing the cache at Object Connections, the Object Key now shows as Company ID and Emp ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Matt,

I am a bit confused and I must ask (because of your update): is the problem resolved?

I also did not get the problem you described. If you connect a document to only one particular object (a license in this case), that document is only “visible” (seen as connected to) on/from that object. The document can of course be found by searching for it in Document Revision or other screens, as long as you don’t make it Restricted.

Unless, that is, you have some Object Connection Transformation rules that will make the document appear in other places.

I probably have misunderstood your question though…

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

PS. Sometimes, strange things happen with document-object connections, and then often the key ref ends up being wrong (wrong keys, wrong values for the keys or missing keys). Or the LU. Then it could be the screen that is buggy and/or possibly a bad setup in Object Connections, where someone has “played around” and used the wrong view name.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi Matt,

I am a bit confused and I must ask (because of your update): is the problem resolved?

I also did not get the problem you described. If you connect a document to only one particular object (a license in this case), that document is only “visible” (seen as connected to) on/from that object. The document can of course be found by searching for it in Document Revision or other screens, as long as you don’t make it Restricted.

Unless, that is, you have some Object Connection Transformation rules that will make the document appear in other places.

I probably have misunderstood your question though…

@Mathias Dahl  Here is the current configuration of the LU and the Object Connection.

Here is one Employee with two unique Certificate IDs. There are no documents connected to either record.

I attach document 1001832 only to the record for Certificate ID TA0718-17.

When I select the record for the other Certificate (TA 1291-15), it ‘shows’ the same document as attached.

At the document revision, though, only one Object is shown connected.

Based on the Object Key shown, I am not connecting to the Certificate ID (it’s not a key field). And I read this Object Key as for every instance where this combination of Company ID and Emp ID exists in the Certificates tab, this one document 1001832 will appear in the Attachments pane for all corresponding Certificate records. That is the behavior we are seeing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks, I understand now.

I suggest you report this via support. It's not a bug in Docman, but probably in STRACO. For some reason a key is missing in the key ref.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Reference LCS Case G2310156.