Solved

Document Attachment Panel - List View display

• 7 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

There is a customer requirement to hide the document number from the “list view” of the document attachment panel. Is this possible? Please check the attached screen shot. They want to hide the underlined portion.

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 7 September 2021, 08:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Interested to knowwhy want to hide the Doc No part only.

Badge +2

This customer uses some documents which has number sequences in the document name. They claim that it is confusing to see that number along with the document number. I can tell them that there is no way to hide the document number. I just wanted to be 100% sure that we don’t have a mechanism to handle this. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Can’t they use their own number when creating the document? And since Title is mandatory can use either a Dot or the same number. 

Badge +2

They don’t create these documents using the “Create New Document” functionality. They just attach existing files and the system generates the document numbers automatically. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

You cannot hide the document number in the Icon or List views. You can do it in the Detail view however.

About generating document numbers, they can both enter a number manually or setup custom number series, even if they "just attach" existing files. At least if I understand you correctly when you say "attach".

/Mathias

Badge +2

Thanks @Mathias Dahl . Its not a number series. These are some customer documents with random numbers generated by other systems. Anyways, I got the answer I wanted. I wanted to be 100% sure that this cannot be done.I will communicate this to the customer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

So, let me understand this better:

In the Title field, they keep some number from another system? And they think users will be confused when they see that number at the same time as the document number in IFS?

I would recommend them to use “good” titles instead. Or at least, if they must have the number in the title, combine the number with some textual description of the document. They could also consider using the Alt Doc No field to keep that number from the other system.

Good luck!