Solved

Document Approval Time limit to counter delays in approvals

• 15 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello experts,

In document management, can we set a certain time in days for step approval. Lets suppose, 5 people need to approve a document one by one. Can we set a limit on each step that each one shouldn’t take more than 5 days to approve,. If five days are crossed, it moves to another person. In case, the approver doesn’t either approve or reject due to any reason, how can we move to the next approver. Like Forward or bypass etc.

Main idea is to restrict approve to prevent delay in approval process.

Note: Using Group is not a option here, client uses individual as document approvers.

Please advise.

Regards 

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 15 September 2021, 08:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Mirali,

No, that's not possible today. This is something that would require a background job/scheduled task to run in the background, looking for "overdue" approvals, so it's probably hard to solve via a custom event. You would need to at least develop the scheduled task as a customization to get this working.

/Mathias

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Mirali,

There is no standard setting to achieve this. But it would certainly be feasible to solve this with a scheduled background job triggering a Custom Event which in turn handles the calls for the standard procedures forming the approval functionality you want.
This could be more or less complex of course, considering details like should the by-passed approver get a notification that the approval step is no longer valid.

But at the same, if it is not strictly necessary that all approvers “have their say” (since you can by-pass and jump to the next) why not use a Group after all, containing all approvers in the route?

/Erik

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Mirali,

There is no standard setting to achieve this. ...

When posting two replies at the same moment :)
/Erik

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mirali,

There is no standard setting to achieve this. ...

When posting two replies at the same moment :)
/Erik

:)

I need to learn to wait a bit before I post. It would sometimes save me time…