Sourcing Rules Automatic

• 12 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

I hope someone can help me 😊.

This is the scenario :

When a CO is for the customer XXX, I would like to create a “Purchase Order Direct” , and when it’s a YYY or ZZZ customer i would like to create an “Invent Order” . ( It’s the same sales part )

Can we drive the Sourcing rules automatically du to the customer ?

These are the setting I made :

• Create a sourcing rule :

With highest rank as Sourcing Objective.

• Create a sourcing rules per Customer and Sales Part

And this is the error when I create a line on CO :

There is also the set up “Sales Part” Sourcing Option, but i’m not interested because it will always give the same choice for every customer.

Did someone  know how to setting this properly ?

Regards,

Nicolas.

icon

Best answer by Ravinatha Ariyarathna 12 September 2022, 17:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Nicolas H. , could you please try this?

• Create Sourcing Rule TEST for Supply Code “Purch Order Direct”.
  • Create Sourcing Rule TEST-1 for Supply Code “Invent Order”.
  • Then in your Sales Part, set the Sourcing Option as “Use Sourcing Rule” and connect above Sourcing Rule TEST.
  • Now create a record in Sourcing Rule per Customer and Sales Part window for your sales part and under Sourcing Rule per Customer tab, enter two records for your customers YYY and ZZZ with Sourcing Rule TEST-1 (Invent Order). 
  • Then when you get an order from customer XXX (and any other customer except YYY and ZZZ), Sourcing Rule TEST (Purch Order Direct) will be applied.
  • But when you get an order from YYY and ZZZ, Sourcing Rule TEST-1 (Invent Order) will be applied.

Thank you,

Ravinatha

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Nicolas H. , can you please check whether you have entered Lead Times for your supplier entered in Sourcing Rule TEST (Purch Order Direct) in the Supply Chain Matrix for Supplier window? This is because in automatic sourcing, system use lead times to select the best alternative (sourcing alternative that can deliver the whole sales quantity in time). Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna 

That was my mistake i setting up the wrong adress ID on the Supply Chain Matrix.

The process is working prefectly 😊 !

Thanks you for your help 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Ravinatha Ariyarathna , so I try your setting.

It’s working for YYY and ZZZ it automatically goes to Invent Order. But for XXX and other still have the same message “No sourcing alternantiv found”

The fact I can do it manually and i can see the alternativ : 

Maybe a setting is messing somewhere ??

Regards,

Nicolas.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna

Hello,

I would like to know if it’s possible to use sourcing rules when the scenario is this :

If we have stock the sourcing rules w’ll use the Invent Order, and if we are out of stock it ‘ll use the Int Purch Trans or Int Purch Direct.

I tried many setting up, but it always pick “Invent Order” .

Regards,

Nicolas.