Solved

Sales Part does not exist

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I ran to the below error when trying to create Customer Order from Sales Quotation through the header RMB. Strangely all the sales parts in the Quotation are available. How could this happen? 

‘Show Details’ dosen’t give the part no. Salesperson is different from the Coordinator. Not recreatable in the testing environment to report to IFS :(

icon

Best answer by Rasika Lakmal 3 June 2021, 11:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

Can you try creating a customer order directly for this sales part ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi EnzoFerrari,  please make sure that you define thesales part (in Sales Part window) against the site that you are going to create customer order for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Susith Setunga, no there are 22 lines here :( We used to always create from the quotation until today when we ran into this error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EnzoFerrari,

Thats fine i understand, but need to know whether the issue is with the sales part or when converting from a SQ. So if you can directly create a Customer order line using this sales part, that means no issue with the part.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi EnzoFerrari,  please make sure that you define thesales part (in Sales Part window) against the site that you are going to create customer order for.

Of course. That’s why I was able to release the Sales Quotation right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@EnzoFerrari,

Thats fine i understand, but need to know whether the issue is with the sales part or when converting from a SQ. So if you can directly create a Customer order line using this sales part, that means no issue with the part.

@Susith Setunga , I have a question - we tried to trace the error. In there it shows as one of the Salespersons connected to a part do not exist. I understand Salesperson is filled at the quotation delivery tab only. Is there anywhere I should verify at the sales part level? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ohh i get it now. There is some basic data missing for Customer CRM info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What’s the basic data I need to check? Please let me know 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Can you show me the CRM info tab, do you have the Main Rep added there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

No. I dont’t think we usually add Main Rep. Anyway, (General tab also empty) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Susith Setunga, now only this screenshot showed up. So I wasn’t sure what were you referring to. Is it mandatory to fill this for all customers? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, if you are using them for quotations. But i agree that the error message does not reflect the real missing information here.

I hope your issue sorted out after adding the Main Rep?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Susith Setunga, thanks for trying to help, but it doesn’t solve the issue because,

1. We have never used that setup before. Without the Main Rep basic data, we were able to convert COs into quotations upto now in IFS10
  2. I just managed to test this without error in our testing enviornment without the Main Rep set up. 

Here’s what I will do - I will discuss with our Sales team and come back. In the meantime, if you come across another setup you think might causing the error, please let me know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@EnzoFerrari In the sales quotation, do you have entered the Customer’s part no? If so, have you defined the relevant basic data in “Sales part cross reference window”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@EnzoFerrari In the sales quotation, do you have entered the Customer’s part no? If so, have you defined the relevant basic data in “Sales part cross reference window”?

Sure @Rasika Lakmal . I checked. There are 15 lines with a Customer’s Part No. All those are setup correctly in Sales Part Cross Reference

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@EnzoFerrari It seems this need to be further investigated from application backend. I would suggest you to create IFS Support case, If you are getting the error for all the sales quotations. If this is only for this quotation, you can create new one with same data and cancel the previous one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Indeed @Rasika Lakmal, I double checked and one part was missing in the Sales Part Cross Reference. Now the problem solved, thank you. 

Now I am wondering how the user managed to save a quotation line which has a Customer’s Part No record that didn’t get fetched from Sales Part Cross Reference

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

My answer to @Rasika Lakmal is not displayed for some reason. Sending it again.

Thank You Rasika. It solved the issue. How do you think the user must have created a quotation line with Customer’s Part No, although Sales Part Cross reference basic data is missing? Just wondering how to recreate the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@EnzoFerrari Are you in IFSAPP9? I have checked this in APP10 and there you cannot enter customer’s part no, when it’s missing in sales part cross reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

App10 only, my guess is users deleted the the Sales Part Cross Reference line after raising the Sales Quotation. :)

Last Question - Don’t you think the error message ‘Sales Part does not exist’ is misleading? Sales Part Cross Reference should be mentioned there I suppose. Will IFS agree to change it if my team report a support case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes. Error is misleading. You may create a support case with detail test plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Rasika Lakmal , my colleague told me that the bug 156537 will solve this. However I cannot see your ticket reporting system. Hence can you please post the bug description here? Hope it will work for IFS 10 UPD9 track we are working on:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Rasika Lakmal , thanks alot. I really need your opinion here. After seeing the bug description, I really dont think this is a bug intended to correct the misleading error message ‘Sales Part Does not Exist’ discussed on this community thread, hence my colleague maybe wrong. What do you think? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@EnzoFerrari you can create a support case with all relevant information to recreate the issue.